Still Looking for a bike

Old September 2nd 04, 10:22 PM
Chris Davies

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.

I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Carrera with ali frame. Possibly a bit lighter, but personally I would
want the Ridgeback.

BTW I have nothing to do with these people and can't vouch for the
relative conditions of the bikes.

Hope this helps.

--
|C|H|R|I|S|@|T|R|I|N|I|T|Y|W|I|L|L|S|.|C|O|M|
Remove the bars to contact me
Old September 3rd 04, 02:38 PM

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:10:17 +0100, Peter Clinch

Funny you should say that because i have seen wheels and tyres sell
for 20-30 a pair on ebay.

Yes, but all wheels are not created equal, same with tyres. If you put
cheap remoulds on a sports car do you think it would still corner as
well? Now apply the same to bikes...

but those Claude Butlers which everyone says are crap (probably are)
have excellent alloy wheels and top class tyres.

Old September 4th 04, 10:51 AM

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:22:41 +0100, Chris Davies
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.

I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

thanks Chris. I put in a bid. I will replace the tyres to something a
bit more road like.

Old September 4th 04, 01:23 PM
Chris Davies

wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.

I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but
assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

thanks Chris. I put in a bid. I will replace the tyres to something a
bit more road like.

Did you get it? What sort of tyres are you after?

Old September 5th 04, 10:25 AM

wrote:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:13:48 +0100, wrote:

24V A PEUGEOT 21 SPEED GENTS MOUNTAIN
BIKE WITH ALLOY WHEELS AND SHIMANO GS GEARS.

I would make a guess that this one is older than the others, but
assuming
it is in good nick would be one I'd be interested in. Puegeot have made
some nice MTBs. The've made some crap ones too. Without looking at it,
it's very hard to give advice.

A quick look at ebay shows:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Nice looking but simple Ridgeback.

thanks Chris. I put in a bid. I will replace the tyres to something a
bit more road like.

Did you get it? What sort of tyres are you after?

I was outbid and it was in Stoke, So I am waiting for a ridgeback to
come up in the London area, when I get it I will contact you regarding
the tyres.