World's Fastest Bike with a Shock Absorber

Old January 6th 05, 06:13 PM
Martin Krieg - Cycle America

Default World's Fastest Bike with a Shock Absorber

Now at our Bent Blog as:
http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000073.html

The ZBone by Reynolds Weld Lab

George Reynolds has outdone himself again! In his insatiable quest for
speed, he has concocted a bike that according to him is the "best one I
ever made". He tells me that it's the fastest bike he has ever produced
and this is coming from a man who has made some of the fastest Low
Racers on the road today; machines that push even the lightest titanium
and carbon fiber road bikes to their performance extremes whenever one
asks them for a race. And as it cooks on the flats, it also has a
voracious climbing appetite. This he says is due to the Front Wheel
Drive he is running on this machine.

And George tells me that by making the bike FWD, he also can run the
seat at the same low levels that he has with his widely respected Low
Racers. And to help with the fatigue that breaks any fast rider down, he
added a Cane Creek shock over the rear wheel. Weight Penalty with
Mounts: 1.5 lbs. All this on a *titanium* recumbent that weighs in at
under 23 lbs and not only delivers on acceleration but also on comfort.
In fact, if you go to his company website http://reynoldsweldlabs.com,
you will see that they are calling the bike, the X-Bone GTR for Grand
Touring Recumbent..

They also offer two wheel size versions. They can be outfitted with
either 20" or 700C wheels. And the whole bike travels quite easily as
well. Slip the wheels, seat and crank into a wheel bag, then loosen a
few bolts and slide the frame into a 36" x 12" x 12" box and it all
comes aboard a plane with you at no extra charge as regular luggage.

Framesets start at $2700. $3800 for the complete bike.

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.BikeRoute.com/MKRIEG.HTML
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
Can You Change it with Love?
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

--
54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Old January 17th 05, 09:43 PM
Mikael

(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

Meet the worlds fastest bike with a shock absorber btw...
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/raz_faz2.jpg

Old January 17th 05, 09:51 PM
Al Luminium

"Mikael" wrote in message
(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

Meet the worlds fastest bike with a shock absorber btw...
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/raz_faz2.jpg

Another view of one.
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/raci...b42003-038.jpg

Old January 17th 05, 09:53 PM
Al Luminium

"Al Luminium" wrote in message

"Mikael" wrote in message
(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

Meet the worlds fastest bike with a shock absorber btw...
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/raz_faz2.jpg

Another view of one.
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/raci...b42003-038.jpg

And another view.
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/raci...b42003-123.jpg

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Old January 18th 05, 12:08 AM
Tom Sherman

Mikael wrote:

(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

Meet the worlds fastest bike with a shock absorber btw...
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/raz_faz2.jpg

If not for the Razz-Fazz, a certain red Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer
[TM] might not have been sold to an obnoxious person who will never shut
up about it. The Razz-Fazz in question was fully suspended, courtesy of
a Pantour front hub.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Old January 18th 05, 12:51 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Mikael wrote:

(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

Meet the worlds fastest bike with a shock absorber btw...
http://www.liegeradinfo.de/raz_faz2.jpg

If not for the Razz-Fazz, a certain red Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]
might not have been sold to an obnoxious person who will never shut up
about it. The Razz-Fazz in question was fully suspended, courtesy of a
Pantour front hub.

I for one am always delighted when anyone just loves their bike. As I have
never been much into speed, I have always liked every bike I have ever
gotten. Each and every bike I have just beats the hell out of walking.
Believe me, if you lived in Worthington, you would not want to walk around
this town, not when you could ride a bike. I mean, there is just no
comparison at all. I actually feel sorry for the poor slobs (mostly women)
who are walking around our local lake (5 miles) when they could be cycling
around the g.d. lake.

But don't get me wrong. I love to walk in places that are walkable. New York
City for instance is one of the few walkable cites in this country. Almost
every European city is eminently walkable. But by and large, the US is set
up for vehicles, not for walkers. Thoreau would hate modern America.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old January 18th 05, 01:06 AM
Tom Sherman

Mikael wrote:

(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

At least M A R T I N K R I E G is not cross-posting to every
"wreck.bicycles" group (although the "Cherry Pie flame war was fun).

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Old January 18th 05, 04:15 PM
skip

Mikael wrote:

(Yet another boring informercial by the born again spammer deleted here)

At least M A R T I N K R I E G is not cross-posting to every
"wreck.bicycles" group (although the "Cherry Pie flame war was fun).

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

Plus the crossposting got Cletus all "revved up" and it was kinda fun being
here for that.

skip