CycleBanter.com

-   -   A Philly bike for Boris (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=261734)

Bertrand[_3_] June 11th 21 03:42 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Tom Kunich[_4_] June 11th 21 03:52 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

One has to ask - with Ribble and Mersian in Great Britain WHY would the British Prime Minister chose an American custom bike maker and not Richard Schwinn's Waterford company?

JBeattie June 11th 21 04:03 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Another, with a little more about Bilenky. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London. Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

-- Jay Beattie.

Tom Kunich[_4_] June 11th 21 04:11 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:03:02 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Another, with a little more about Bilenky. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London. Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

I don't remember True Temper having great bike tubes. Reynolds 853 oversize is the stuff of the God's.

Roger Merriman[_4_] June 11th 21 04:16 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Another, with a little more about Bilenky.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html
That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London.
Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

-- Jay Beattie.

In fairness there are some steep bits though admittedly short, and on the
edge of london mostly.

Sadly I suspect it will end up in storage rather than ridden. He does still
ride though not on the streets anymore.

Roger Merriman

AMuzi June 11th 21 04:31 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On 6/11/2021 9:42 AM, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Thank you, that's very nice all around.

Like the paint scheme, too. I was at Condor once where they
had a freshly painted Union Jack frame with a lot of chrome
ready for Mick Jagger. Flashy!

p.s. Unlike many political personalities, Boris is an actual
cyclist.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

AMuzi June 11th 21 04:36 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On 6/11/2021 10:03 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Another, with a little more about Bilenky. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London. Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

-- Jay Beattie.

Good point about import tube.

Modern premium USA steel tube is from the Left Coast now:
https://www.bikefabsupply.com/

Steel technology keeps changing with regular
improvements/innovations. US suppliers are at the top of the
heap for steel bicycle tubing.

AMuzi June 11th 21 04:37 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On 6/11/2021 10:11 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:03:02 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Another, with a little more about Bilenky. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London. Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

I don't remember True Temper having great bike tubes. Reynolds 853 oversize is the stuff of the God's.

I use more steel tube than you and I'd take later alloys of
TT over Reynolds 853 any day.

Tom Kunich[_4_] June 11th 21 05:47 PM

A Philly bike for Boris

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:37:41 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/11/2021 10:11 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:03:02 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5
Another, with a little more about Bilenky. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London. Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

I don't remember True Temper having great bike tubes. Reynolds 853 oversize is the stuff of the God's.

I use more steel tube than you and I'd take later alloys of
TT over Reynolds 853 any day.

Well, I haven't actually worked with any modern tubing. I have just ridden bike made from them. Columbus tubing was so stiff it would break your teeth on the roads around here whereas the 853 oversize Pro T rides very well. I have seen bikes made from True Temper but never ridden one. And bikes my size need to have oversize tubes and the TT bikes I have seen are all standard size tubes.

Sepp Ruf June 12th 21 11:23 AM

A Philly bike for Boris

Roger Merriman wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5

Another, with a little more about Bilenky.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html

If the State Department only paid a measly $1,500 for a $6,000 bike, how
much will be taxed?

https://bikerumor.com/2021/06/11/bilenky-cycle-works-builds-a-custom-bike-for-british-prime-minister-gifted-by-president-biden/

At least the Johnsons are cheap: According to the Mail on Sunday, for
Christmas 2019, Ms Carrie Symonds gave Boris a second-hand Yamaha TTR 125,
worth about £1,000. OTOH, hottie Carrie riding a gift "Rob English" touring
bike would be total blast.

That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London.
Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

In fairness there are some steep bits though admittedly short, and on the
edge of london mostly.

Sadly I suspect it will end up in storage rather than ridden. He does still
ride though not on the streets anymore.

Face it, that bike is some ugly American mess. No fenders because Climate
Change and the abolitionist's portrait will turn London arid? Are there no
U.S. pedals for dress shoes? And don't get me started on the squeezed
random Bilenky font. At least he didn't call up Goodyear to hectically
supply specially labeled tyres, instead choosing $10 Asia-made Schwalbe
Luganos to rot in storage.