CycleBanter.com

-   Racing (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Training Camp (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=155786)

chiefhiawatha February 9th 07 05:25 AM

Training Camp

So later next month my team is having a 5-day training camp.

For those who have attended/organized successful team camps,
can you suggest some training activities that went well?

I want to do something better than just rolling around as a big
group each day for 5 hours.

thanks

Donald Munro February 9th 07 11:50 AM

Training Camp

chiefhiawatha wrote:

So later next month my team is having a 5-day training camp.

For those who have attended/organized successful team camps,
can you suggest some training activities that went well?

I want to do something better than just rolling around as a big
group each day for 5 hours.

Jan is doing nothing right now and might be able to give you some advice.

[email protected] February 9th 07 02:30 PM

Training Camp

On Feb 9, 4:50 am, Donald Munro wrote:

Jan is doing nothing right now and might be able to give you some advice.

oh god. that was hilarious. show all your friends how funny you are.
oh man. i am still laughing.

[email protected] February 9th 07 09:46 PM

Training Camp

I want to do something better than just rolling around as a big
group each day for 5 hours.

what kind of team is this again?

[email protected] February 10th 07 04:14 AM

Training Camp

On Feb 8, 8:25 pm, chiefhiawatha wrote:
So later next month my team is having a 5-day training camp.

For those who have attended/organized successful team camps,
can you suggest some training activities that went well?

I want to do something better than just rolling around as a big
group each day for 5 hours.

thanks

hmm, training activities for a 5 day camp?
1) try rolling up your shorts and getting a good tan line.
2) give everyone a nickname, pick out something funny, fatness is
always funny.
3) drive down to jaurez, or whatever border town, pick up some
supplies - norandren 50 is cheap and will
make you strong and virile as a bull.
hopefully, you're at least a cat.1, in which case you could just go to
arizona and race in Feb,
back in the day you could do usery pass, parker dam, VOS, and some
more, like 15 days of
racing
If you're pro, you wouldn't need to ask this question...why would
anyone else need a
training "camp"
I was riding up my local route yesterday and saw the vaginators
training camp,
4 riders, then a bunch of stragglers chasing, so those guys were
racing each other, the
team car left the stragglers behind.
They didn't wave.
Your team must have a large budget, why not spend the traning camp
money
on superweek or something like that? you can race 21 days straight,
thats pretty good training.
If you want some early season racing go to Mexico, it's cheap and the
supplies are plentiful.

[email protected] February 10th 07 08:04 PM

Training Camp

Not pros, training camp is just a term, more like a gathering of
riders, and everyone is paying his own way.