CycleBanter.com

-   Off Road (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marin Rift Zone FRS (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=154639)

[email protected] January 25th 07 04:44 AM

Marin Rift Zone FRS

I recently tripped upon the aforementioned bike today in need of minor
repair at a semi-local pawn shop for next to nothing & decided to buy
it, for a spare/guest bike or even the parts if nothing else. From
what I can tell it appears to be of the 98 or so vintage. It's a black
frame with an aluminum swingarm labeled "Torque Tube". The fork is an
Answer Manitou SX. The rear shock is a Fox Vanilla. The Cranks &
deraillers/derailleurs are Shimano Deore LX, and the hubs are Shimano
STX. The bike also has Avid V-brakes.

Can anyone help me verify the year? Anyone have experience with this
bike, or the forks & shocks? I'm curious about maintenance & repair,
as well as if the bike is worth riding to begin with. All feedback
welcomed & appreciated.

TIA,

Dan

SlewGin February 1st 07 06:18 AM

Marin Rift Zone FRS

On Jan 24, 7:44 pm, " wrote:
I recently tripped upon the aforementioned bike today in need of minor
repair at a semi-local pawn shop for next to nothing & decided to buy
it, for a spare/guest bike or even the parts if nothing else. From
what I can tell it appears to be of the 98 or so vintage. It's a black
frame with an aluminum swingarm labeled "Torque Tube". The fork is an
Answer Manitou SX. The rear shock is a Fox Vanilla. The Cranks &
deraillers/derailleurs are Shimano Deore LX, and the hubs are Shimano
STX. The bike also has Avid V-brakes.

Can anyone help me verify the year? Anyone have experience with this
bike, or the forks & shocks? I'm curious about maintenance & repair,
as well as if the bike is worth riding to begin with. All feedback
welcomed & appreciated.

TIA,

Dan

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please seehttp://rbor.org/
Please read the charter before posting:http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Probably more than u want to know but i ma sure it an awright bike
sounds like at bargain too.

http://www.mtbr.com/