CycleBanter.com

-   Australia (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Spoke lengths for Velocity Synergy OC rim and XTR 960 hub. (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=60356)

Marty Wallace May 31st 04 07:51 AM

Spoke lengths for Velocity Synergy OC rim and XTR 960 hub.

Ok I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Can anyone tell me what length
spokes I need for Velocity Synergy off center rims and Shimano XTR 960 (non
disc) hub?
32 hole 3 cross.

thanks

Marty

Poiter June 2nd 04 07:15 AM

Marty Wallace wrote:
Ok I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Can anyone tell me what
length spokes I need for Velocity Synergy off center rims and Shimano
XTR 960 (non disc) hub? 32 hole 3 cross.
thanks
Marty

Marty What size rims? Front or Rear? Download Spocalc from this site an
have a play. http://www.damonrinard.com/spocalc.htm Pet

-

flyingdutch June 2nd 04 07:45 AM

Marty Wallace wrote:
Ok I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Can anyone tell me what
length spokes I need for Velocity Synergy off center rims and Shimano
XTR 960 (non disc) hub? 32 hole 3 cross.
thanks
Marty

arent there wierd and nerdful spoke-length calculators out there

-

Marty Wallace June 2nd 04 08:32 AM

Spoke lengths for Velocity Synergy OC rim and XTR 960 hub.

"Poiter" wrote in message
.. .
Marty Wallace wrote:
Ok I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Can anyone tell me what
length spokes I need for Velocity Synergy off center rims and Shimano
XTR 960 (non disc) hub? 32 hole 3 cross.
thanks
Marty

Marty What size rims? Front or Rear? Download Spocalc from this site and
have a play. http://www.damonrinard.com/spocalc.htm Pete

Yeah looked at that but it doesn't have the M960 hub, only the M950. I
suppose they're near enough but wanted to be sure. It has the rims there,
Off Center indicates it's a rear wheel. It has the same length spokes on
each side of the wheel so it must be truly symetrical. Spoke lengths are
same for the front rim!

I could have measured everything with me verniers but I figured someone at
some time must have already done it and I didn't want to re-invent the wheel
(so to speak.)

Maybe the official Spocalc data needs updating.

Regards

Marty