CycleBanter.com

-   Recumbent Biking (http://www.cyclebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Recumbent races? (http://www.cyclebanter.com/showthread.php?t=209648)

[email protected][_2_] September 28th 09 01:05 AM

Recumbent races?

Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.

Thanks,
Cullen

Randall Kehrt September 28th 09 01:19 AM

Recumbent races?

wrote in message
Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.

Thanks,
Cullen

To Cullen,

The crowd of recumbent riders are usually older and more mature
then most of the other riders. With GPS You can "race" yourself
with the average speed during a ride. Heck I cannot get any recumbent
riders together in Louisville let alone to get together to race. Where
are YOU at Cullen?

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY
USA

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_] September 28th 09 02:47 AM

Recumbent races?

See http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Randall Kehrt September 28th 09 03:44 AM

Recumbent races?

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
aka Cullen Carter wrote:
Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.

See http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

To Tom,

I see that YOU are between Pinckney and Chalkerville
in Michigan.

No one has put on fairings here in Louisville,KY. Maybe
I would be the first but I do not see the need.

YOU use fairings? It seems like it would protect against the
cold. I am a warm weather rider but I did have two rides
during the Jan.-Feb. of this year.

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY

gotbent[_12_] September 28th 09 08:01 PM

Recumbent races?

aka Cullen Carter wrote:
Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.

See http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

To Tom,

I see that YOU are between Pinckney and Chalkerville
in Michigan.

No one has put on fairings here in Louisville,KY. Maybe
I would be the first but I do not see the need.

YOU use fairings? It seems like it would protect against the
cold. I am a warm weather rider but I did have two rides
during the Jan.-Feb. of this year.

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY

IIRC the L&L Tom posts is Hell. AFAIK he does not live there, or even in
Michigan.

--
gotbent, aka FRT rider

Earl The #1 Love Muscle and slow rider September 28th 09 09:17 PM

Recumbent races?

On Sep 27, 8:47*pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Randall Kehrt wrote:
wrote in message
Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.

Thanks,
Cullen

To Cullen,

The crowd of recumbent riders are usually older and more mature
then most of the other riders. *With GPS You can "race" yourself
with the average speed during a ride. *Heck I cannot get any recumbent
riders together in Louisville let alone to get together to race. *Where
are YOU at Cullen?

Fox Cites.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.- Hide quoted text -

Mr. Sherman:
i would like to race you and your buddy Tom Smith and kick both of
your ASSES.

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_] September 29th 09 12:17 AM

Recumbent races?

aka Cullen Carter wrote:
Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.

See http://www.recumbents.com/hpra/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

To Tom,

I see that YOU are between Pinckney and Chalkerville
in Michigan.

No one has put on fairings here in Louisville,KY. Maybe
I would be the first but I do not see the need.

YOU use fairings? It seems like it would protect against the
cold. I am a warm weather rider but I did have two rides
during the Jan.-Feb. of this year.

Randy Kehrt
Louisville,KY

IIRC the L&L Tom posts is Hell. AFAIK he does not live there, or even in
Michigan.

Hot Dog, We Have a Weiner!

I live in Eye-Oh-Wuh.

The difference in comfort between a head wind and a side wind with a
front fairing is quite noticeable.

Tom Sherman °_°[_2_] September 29th 09 12:20 AM

Recumbent races?

Earl The #1 Love Muscle and slow rider wrote:
On Sep 27, 8:47 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Randall Kehrt wrote:
wrote in message
Do any of you folk know of bicycle races for recumbents, solely? If
so, please tell us what you know.
Thanks,
Cullen
To Cullen,
The crowd of recumbent riders are usually older and more mature
then most of the other riders. With GPS You can "race" yourself
with the average speed during a ride. Heck I cannot get any recumbent
riders together in Louisville let alone to get together to race. Where
are YOU at Cullen?

Fox Cites.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.- Hide quoted text -

Mr. Sherman:
i would like to race you and your buddy Tom Smith and kick both of
your ASSES.

The ladies not providing enough competition?