Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 3.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: roland
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By roland
UK Unicycle Hockey League Tournament Southampton March 22nd 2009

annaats;1156995 wrote:
Not sure about West Midlands, but the EMU's (East Midlands Unicyclists)
play in Derby I think?

and right on cue, could the Emu's have an entry in the...
Forum: Unicycling September 1st 08, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By roland
UK Unicycle Hockey Pre-season Scratch Tune-Up event & Refereeing Session

nickjb wrote:
I think that is my only free weekend until October so i should be there.

Thats good to hear, so are there any more takers for hockey and fine
food as I need to get the final...
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By roland
British Unicycle Hockey League Tournament, London 27th September

Thats a real shame, however we'll look forward to the rearranged date
and its probably best to get a good turn out as that always makes for
better hockey. Still that means that the last opportunity...
Forum: Unicycling August 13th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By roland
UK Unicycle Hockey Pre-season Scratch Tune-Up event & Refereeing Session

To help get you ready for the new UK Hockey season we're organising a
mini scratch event with a focus on getting some refereeing training to
increase the number of people able to referee at the...
Forum: Unicycling July 29th 08, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By roland
British Unicycle Hockey League Tournament, London 27th September

I would have thought we'd like an EMU team, I 'll check tonight with the
rest of the folks but yep, pencil us in for a spot
Roland

--...
Forum: Unicycling June 20th 08, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By roland
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

onelesscar wrote:
Yeah, but NZUni is holding it's own on ungeared's against all the geared
cokers. They are conspicuously lonely in the top ten though...

I think that Ken said above that Tony...
Forum: Unicycling April 28th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By roland
UK Hockey: EMU Summer Sizzler 28th June 2008

East Midlands unicyclists are proud to announce

T-h-e- -S-u-m-m-e-r- -S-i-z-z-l-e-r- -H-o-c-k-e-y-
-T-o-u-r-n-a-m-e-n-t-

UK Unicycle Hockey League Tournament
Hosted By East MIdlands...
Forum: Unicycling April 20th 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By roland
Did anybody go to the Tholthrope/York tournament?

Indeed it was a good tournament - you might think that you didn't do to
well but playing against the better teams that are more organised and
have been playing longer is a great way to improve - its...
Forum: Unicycling March 11th 08, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By roland
UK Unicycle Hockey League Tournament, Tholthorpe

constance.cotter wrote:
Hmmmmm, any freestyle workshops on the day???

Will there be any extra space for those who don't really want hockey
the whole time?

Connie
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By roland
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Tournament & Freestyle Workshops, Sunday 11th May, 2008

sarah.miller wrote:

S'ton last hosted a tourny in Oct 2007, this is 2008... also the
2006/07 league year ran to april IIRC so if the same were true this
year May would be a new...
Forum: Unicycling February 28th 08, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By roland
Surfaces that unicycle damage?

we played hockey on a sand laid astroturf at the Scarborough juggling
convention a couple of years ago - it was absolutely awful, turning was
tricky and unpredictable and falls led to nasty abrasions...
Forum: Unicycling February 25th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By roland
bjc 2008

mattwood22 wrote:
yep.

im up for helping organise some unicycling workshops and hockey and
things, its always cool to meet new people

Forum: Unicycling February 18th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By roland
Scratch Hockey Tournament & Freestyle Workshops, Manchester, Saturday 23rd Feb 2008

I'll back steve up it will be excellent (and as a bit of shameless self
promotion - sorry Steve) I'm selling my coker which I could devliver to
the event if there's a purchaser, the details are

Due...
Forum: Unicycling February 11th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By roland
Hockey and Freestyle Event (UK)

LucasWintercrane wrote:
yeh i heard freestyle is soon to be classed as an extreme sport, blimey
ladies u play hockey, freestyle should be seen as conditioning of the
shins and used as a...
Forum: Unicycling February 11th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By roland
Hockey and Freestyle Event (UK)

unicus wrote:
my team didn't want me to get injured

I don't remember saying you couldn't get injured - we'd have not been
happy if you had and may have had to break your legs as punishment...
Forum: Unicycling February 10th 08, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By roland
UNICON UK Team Leader

I believe Keith had nobly stepped forward for that position

--
roland
roland's Profile:...

annaats wrote:

Oh and we have some goals, but they may be trapped in richards house
without him so we can only get them if his housemates are in and one of
our team can go and get them, so...
Forum: Unicycling September 11th 07, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By roland
Wish me luck - RTL Qualifying Ride

Into the blue wrote:

Is Bruce Willis free?

I think that we need to be looking more in the bob hoskins direction ;)

--
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 07, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39

Right the EMU's can be inked in as definites rather than our earlier
penciled status - bring on the Hockey! although we may be slightly
rusty as out usual pitch is still out of comission after the...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 07, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By roland
Southampton (UK) Hockey tournament 29th September

.... as its filling up sharpishly - can you pencil in an EMU team as
well

See you there

Roland

--
roland
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

steve.colligan wrote:
Great photo Roland.

Can't take credit for the photo it was taken by one of our other
occasional players Andy H who lives very close to the pitch.

The "Rangers" did indeed...
Forum: Unicycling July 2nd 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By roland
Hockey: The EMU is not a water bird

Gumba23 wrote:
thats a beautiful picture. i live in the midlands!

Trust me its not beautiful if the pitch is under 3 feet of water and
you're about to miss the 2nd week of hockey in a row with...
Forum: Unicycling July 2nd 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By roland
Hockey: The EMU is not a water bird

Some of you may have heard about the recent floods in the North of
England which has been causing a fair amount of disruption ar ound the
country and the local unicycling community is no exception...
Forum: Unicycling March 23rd 07, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 61
Posted By roland
Is this a good car to get?

Spence, the only way is a Fiat Doblo what more could you want? or a
Citroen Berlingo with the full roof sun roof.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 07, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 142
Posted By roland
Trials Frame Design Help

roland wrote:
Looks like you're going for something like the Pichler Solo - 'Here'
(http://www.pichlerrad.de/de01.htm) but with a different bearing cap
arrangement - one nice feature of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73