Showing results 1 to 25 of 199
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Tserkezis
Forum: Australia June 21st 11, 12:18 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 26
Posted By John Tserkezis
OT : 23 channels and nothing to watch!

Geoff Lock wrote:

The Tour de France is coming up and I thought I'd get one of those el
cheapo $50 HD digital set top boxes which allows recording to an
external USB HDD for later viewing as I...
Forum: Australia April 24th 11, 01:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By John Tserkezis
I usually stay upright on my bike unless I fall :)

Geoff Lock wrote:

I have no idea how I come across articles like these but there you go.
BTW, I am off for a 3-week break as I figured you all needed some
quality time to yourselves without me...
Forum: Australia March 2nd 11, 02:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By John Tserkezis
Very depressing ride today

Geoff Lock wrote:

I don't really feel very good - I feel sick :( The ignormity of being
caught by a female on a girly bike with a basket up front :( I really
have to get stronger and ride...
Forum: Australia February 7th 11, 04:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By John Tserkezis
On the streets of Pyrmont, Sydney....

Geoff Lock wrote:

30secs(?) later, who turns up at the lights? You guessed it, Mr
Lycra-clad-wanna-play-cyclist :) He looks at me, I looks at him and says
g'day again to him and this time, he...
Forum: Australia January 31st 11, 11:15 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By John Tserkezis
My second encounter with the AFP

rsmith wrote:

You are exactly the type of person who gives cycling a bad name. You have
'dickhead' written all over you. Please find another hobby.

Don't be so eager to bend over.

Forum: Australia January 19th 11, 09:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By John Tserkezis
My second encounter with the AFP

Steve Ball wrote:

Legal on both as it turns out, but more sensible on the road.

snip
. I'm interested in Geoff's reasons.

The legals here are clear. If there is a "bicycle lane", as in...
Forum: Australia January 19th 11, 02:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By John Tserkezis
My second encounter with the AFP

Steve Ball wrote:

Out of interest, why ride on a busy road when there's a cycleway adjacent?

Depending on the circumstances, I could be cruising at 40Km/h. If the
road let's me maintain that,...
Forum: Australia January 18th 11, 03:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By John Tserkezis
My second encounter with the AFP

Rob wrote:

Motorists only get an abbreviated edition of the road rules, there are
so many new ones issued all the time. When I went for my licence the
book was only 4 pages and I have never...
Forum: Australia January 18th 11, 10:16 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By John Tserkezis
My second encounter with the AFP

Rob wrote:

In that little book there is something that tells you how far from the
curve you should be at what speed.
like 80 and over should keep to the left lane unless overtaking.
under a...
Forum: Australia January 18th 11, 09:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 46
Posted By John Tserkezis
My second encounter with the AFP

Ken & Stace wrote:

I would complain if the speed limit was 80KMH and the truck is sitting on 30
and there was room for me to get past if the truck just moved over a bit.

So would I. And what...
Forum: Australia December 14th 10, 03:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By John Tserkezis
Truing a wheel

Geoff Lock wrote:

Hm, aluminium rims, eh? Might have a lookee see. Cost could be a factor
though.

Cost certainly is a factor.
But well worth every cent IMO. Or every dollar, as the case may...
Forum: Australia December 13th 10, 01:40 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By John Tserkezis
Truing a wheel

Geoff Lock wrote:

My demented sense of logic tells me that aluminium should be harder to
true than steel becos it is softer and thus harder to keep its shape
under load.

Having said that, I...
Forum: Australia December 8th 10, 11:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By John Tserkezis
Truing a wheel

Geoff Lock wrote:

I have had a problem truing my rear wheel and so I saved up some money
and got myself a truing stand and a dishing tool. Having these tools
will make me an expert...
Forum: Australia November 3rd 10, 07:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By John Tserkezis
final swoop

Peter wrote:

Besides, does it work if you're bald?

I've tried it and it works. I'm not bald so can't tell whether that
makes a difference.

That's going to be a problem. Being bald, I'm...
Forum: Australia November 1st 10, 11:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By John Tserkezis
final swoop

Peter wrote:
That link is dead already. Must have been good...
Oops. Maybe this works
http://tinyurl.com/29zxlvk

Hmm. I've seen it on the internet so it must be true.

I just got off...
Forum: Australia October 29th 10, 02:15 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By John Tserkezis
final swoop

Peter wrote:

Here's what you need to do: http://tinyurl.com/2awynyx

That link is dead already. Must have been good...
--
Push any key. Then push the any other key.
Forum: Australia October 24th 10, 09:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

essaytee wrote:

unfortunately, most riders were not displaying bib numbers so bib number
search is not possible.

This is not entirely the fault of the entrants:

I have no idea if this was...
Forum: Australia August 12th 10, 09:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 18
Posted By John Tserkezis
FFS - it's only August!

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

...yet I was swooped by a magpie today.

You are late, someone wrote to the Herald saying they got swooped on
Tuesday.

I haven't been swooped, maybe they don't think...
Forum: Australia June 19th 10, 02:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By John Tserkezis
Weetbix needed?

Geoff Lock wrote:

About 200metres down the road, whilst still keeping up the punishing
speed, I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye to my left. It
was the cyclist who was following...
Forum: Australia June 19th 10, 02:01 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By John Tserkezis
real bike v recumbent

Peter wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GWp2_-aogc&feature=related

The roadie guy had a picture of a cauliflower on his chest.
He is the dork.

Mr Speakers-For-Ears is clearly a...
Forum: Australia April 20th 10, 01:32 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By John Tserkezis
etiquette?

dim wrote:

I've frequented what I believe is this group in years gone by, but not
for a number of years. I'm selling my bike, and before posting an ad
and ebay link, wanted to ask for...
Forum: Australia March 27th 10, 09:24 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 66
Posted By John Tserkezis
Yupe, it happened again!!

Geoff Lock wrote:

I probably have other habits which I am not aware of which can attract
undue attention so I am quite receptive to any suggestions which can
help me reduce my run-ins with the...
Forum: Australia March 27th 10, 10:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By John Tserkezis
pedestrian crossing laws for cyclists

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Now speaking as a cyclist myself, I've become so used to having drivers "not
see me" or not give me right of way anywhere, that I would not dare to ride
across a...
Forum: Australia March 19th 10, 11:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By John Tserkezis
The NSW Premier is a just another grubby politician

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

On the bright side... THis shows that it's possible, that being
monstered by traffic isn't inevitable.

That people can damn well see bikes, and damn well behave...
Forum: Australia March 19th 10, 09:43 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By John Tserkezis
I spy

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

now you know why all the other guys are wearing lycra and shaving
their legs.

It's all about showing off your cycling assetts.

You *have* seen my legs, right? If I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 199