Showing results 1 to 25 of 161
Search took 0.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Nelson
Forum: Techniques October 17th 07, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Nelson
Is it cold where you are? Do you still feel like riding?

On Oct 17, 2:33 am, "Greens" wrote:
I was going strong until about a week and a half ago. We had a warm spell
and it was about seventy fahrenheit. Then I went out one evening...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Chris Nelson
XC FS MTB w/ LX?

On Oct 14, 10:41 pm, "
wrote:
That's just it. By the time I swap levers the price jumps up into a
whole new category.

Joseph

LX...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Nelson
Steel is back

On Oct 4, 8:15 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:59 am, Chris Nelson wrote:

On Oct 2, 4:12 pm, Robert...
Forum: Techniques October 3rd 07, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Nelson
Steel is back

On Oct 2, 4:12 pm, Robert wrote:
http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2007/10/interbike_steel
--
Robert Maskill - G4PYR - Peterborough Cambridgeshire
MF Coastal...

On Oct 2, 6:54 am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
After cycling my ass off for a decade,
I'm experiencing bike burnout. Nothing
seems to excite my anymore about it.
Forum: Techniques September 23rd 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Nelson
Suspension fork

On Sep 22, 2:16 pm, M-gineering wrote:
Chris Nelson wrote:
On Sep 22, 1:31 pm, Javier wrote:
I've convinced my two roadie friends to get...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Nelson
Suspension fork

On Sep 22, 1:31 pm, Javier wrote:
I've convinced my two roadie friends to get on Mountainbikes so we can
mix up our rides a bit. However my Trek 4300 is in serious need of a
Forum: Techniques September 13th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Nelson
Suspension For Fatties

On Sep 13, 4:46 pm, "Cychlo-path" wrote:
"Chris Nelson" wrote in message

Forum: Techniques September 13th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Nelson
Suspension For Fatties

On Sep 13, 11:13 am, "Cychlo-path" wrote:
That is clydesdales rather than tyres. My first, last and only suspension
forks were Rockshox Judy XC '98 so my knowledge is very...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 07, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Chris Nelson
Contrary patterns: drive, radial; non drive, 2x.

On Sep 1, 2:00 am, Ron Ruff wrote:
It actually makes some sense. The drive side has radial spokes which
allows the best possible bracing angle, and the hub body is strong
Forum: Techniques September 1st 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Nelson
Pivot bushings for FS - where to buy online???

On Aug 30, 9:09 pm, "Zilla" wrote:
Where can I buy pivot bushings for my FS (Trek Fuel 90)?
The LBS was gonna charge $45 for 4 plastic swingarm
bushings and for 2...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Nelson
Installing new front fork...

On Aug 29, 9:33 am, Karl wrote:
Hi. I ride a KNS Town and Country bicycle. I am thinking of replacing
the front fork with one that has shock absorbers on it. I'm wondering
Forum: Techniques August 27th 07, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Nelson
Best compliance - rear shock, choice?

On Aug 26, 5:39 pm, Scott wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:21 pm, Scott wrote:

On Aug 24, 12:41 pm, Chris Nelson ...
Forum: Techniques August 24th 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Nelson
Best compliance - rear shock, choice?

On Aug 24, 12:50 pm, Scott wrote:
On Aug 24, 7:47 am, Bob Quindazzi wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:50:31 -0000, Scott...
Forum: Techniques August 24th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Nelson
Best compliance - rear shock, choice?

On Aug 23, 1:37 pm, Scott wrote:
On Aug 23, 12:00 pm, Chris Nelson wrote:

On Aug 23, 12:50 pm, Scott ...
Forum: Techniques August 23rd 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Nelson
Best compliance - rear shock, choice?

On Aug 23, 12:50 pm, Scott wrote:
I bought a used Weyless FS bike that is essentially a clone of the
Santa Cruise Heckler design, with elevated stays and a straight...
Forum: Techniques August 22nd 07, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris Nelson
Does Giant make a composite with an ultegra triple?

On Aug 22, 8:54 am, Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Aug 22, 4:13 am, ed wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know if Giant makes an composite frame bike with an
Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Nelson
Triplet Wheel Lacing

On Aug 19, 5:24 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
wrote:
CycleMonkey wrote:
Has anybody experimented with using different spokes with the triplet
lacing...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 07, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Nelson
what I hate about new bikes.

On Aug 15, 4:56 am, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Since there is so many debates about
the material that bike frames are made
of, I would like to see the return...
Forum: Techniques August 9th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Chris Nelson
Why heavier gauge drive side spokes?

On Aug 8, 5:21 am, wrote:
I want to build a set of box rimmed, 32 hole, cross 3, 10 speed
wheels. What are the reasons for and advisability of using heavier,
e.g....
Forum: Techniques August 7th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Nelson
My Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brakes Need to Be Replaced - What's The Best Deal For Less Than $180.00?

On Aug 7, 1:47 am, Fitz wrote:
I really like these (with the six-inch rotors), but I bought them four
years ago. I'm sure the market has changed. Is there a better setup
Forum: Techniques July 17th 07, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By Chris Nelson
Is it worthwhile to rebuild Deore/LX 9 speed hubs

On Jul 17, 1:24 am, AWN wrote:
One question: what is the trick to ensure I am mounting my (*^(*^(*^!!!
wheel centered in the frame? I have never had this issue before but...
Forum: Techniques July 8th 07, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By Chris Nelson
Bike weight

On Jul 8, 12:09 am, (Southern Girl) wrote:
I have read many of the posts and this group appears to be oriented for
serious cyclists. I hope you will indulge a...
Forum: Techniques July 7th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Nelson
8 in the back, 1 on the front...

On Jul 6, 6:37 pm, Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
...with down tube or bar-end shifters
My options:

1) Get a bash guard to keep the chainring from derailing towards the
Forum: Techniques June 28th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris Nelson
loose lips, sink ships.......

On Jun 28, 5:06 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
http://www.chainreaction.com/madone_08_review.htmfor the new bikes, and,
as for what that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 161