Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank Krygowski
Forum: Techniques October 28th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 76
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Commuting: Changing Clothes?

landotter wrote:
On Oct 25, 7:02 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Anybody got some ins and outs on clothes changing?

Don't change! Get a proper bike that weighs 40# or so,...
Forum: Techniques October 28th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Wheel deflection

steve wrote:
Does anybody know if a rim would react differently to a sudden load
versus a gradual load? What I mean is if you were to apply a gradual
load on a wheel would that rim be able to...
Forum: General October 28th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 214
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Bike Lane != Ghetto

Jym Dyer wrote:

=v= The VC party line on the eeevils of bike facilities hinged
on a 1974 study by Jerrold Kaplan. A more recent study by
William Moritz, in 1996, was designed to...
Forum: Techniques October 27th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 129
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Freewheels

Tim McNamara wrote:
... I have
found this hub quite reliable:

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponen
ts/FH/EV-FH-6500-1679_v1_m56577569830611839.pdf
Forum: Techniques October 6th 06, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Tips for removing tar from frame?

Brad Ford wrote:

I unwittingly rode on a very freshly paved patch of road the other day,
and now, much to my chagrin, I've got a lot of pretty little black
beads all over the underside of my...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Frank Krygowski
wind powered lights

Daryl Hunt wrote:

Some Evil Vile Creature (me) left my headlight on and, once again, the
batteries are dead. What's even dumber, it's on a low speed electric bike
that carries a ton of...
Forum: UK October 6th 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Frank Krygowski
wind powered lights

Daryl Hunt wrote:

Some Evil Vile Creature (me) left my headlight on and, once again, the
batteries are dead. What's even dumber, it's on a low speed electric bike
that carries a ton of...
Forum: General October 6th 06, 02:12 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Replies: 532
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Helmet Nazis at It Again!

Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
wrote:

At one time, I saw a post from one of our German friends who gave the
percentage of motorist fatalities due to head injuries. It was...
Forum: Social Issues October 6th 06, 02:12 AM Posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Replies: 516
Posted By Frank Krygowski
Helmet Nazis at It Again!