Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jlee
Forum: Techniques October 11th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 53
Posted By jlee
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

I'm not surprised. Tandems have double the weight and therefore double
the energy to be dissipated while braking.

It will be more than double - significantly more as the double weight
going...
Forum: Off Road October 11th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 23
Posted By jlee
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

I'm not surprised. Tandems have double the weight and therefore double
the energy to be dissipated while braking.

It will be more than double - significantly more as the double weight
going...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 11th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 27
Posted By jlee
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

I'm not surprised. Tandems have double the weight and therefore double
the energy to be dissipated while braking.

It will be more than double - significantly more as the double weight
going...
Forum: General October 11th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 32
Posted By jlee
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

I'm not surprised. Tandems have double the weight and therefore double
the energy to be dissipated while braking.

It will be more than double - significantly more as the double weight
going...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 06, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By jlee
Chainline question on 9sp drivetrain

Ok. Thanks Carl and Peter and Russel. So conclusion is chainstay length
makes a difference, but really only in the case of 650c wheeled frames.

My related question is this: the drivetrain on my...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 06, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By jlee
How will a mechanical engineer write a love letter?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per bicycle_disciple:
Pretty dum...
A man was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said:
'If...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 06, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By jlee
Recall of Time pedals

Bill, the solution is simple...we're living on the wrong side of the
border...

Josh

Bill Wright wrote:

I have the RXE purchased in Canada. When I called Time they didn't know
how they...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 06, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By jlee
Shimano 9 Speed to 10 Speed Upgrade Question

On smaller frames, the chainline is not all that great so not a
surprise. Probably would be the same for a '10s' crank.

Hi Peter,

Can you parla more on that? I'm don't understand how the...
Forum: Techniques October 6th 06, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By jlee
Sheldon Does Vegas

Sweet report. Thanks for the effort (of making the report).

Now the real questions is, I've only managed to get a few strands of
orange-brownish hair in my beard. How in the world did you get...
Forum: General October 6th 06, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 50
Posted By jlee
Sheldon Does Vegas

Sweet report. Thanks for the effort (of making the report).

Now the real questions is, I've only managed to get a few strands of
orange-brownish hair in my beard. How in the world did you get...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 06, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By jlee
Suddenly, trouble with Mavic rims, Campagnolo hubs.

Poopycock and balderdash...I have built probably over a thousand rears
on Campag hubs from the early 90s till today and broken spokes are not
inherint to these rear hubs.

Hey Peter,

Does that...
Forum: Techniques September 30th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 64
Posted By jlee
Suddenly, trouble with Mavic rims, Campagnolo hubs.

No, that is NOT the best advice. It takes a lot of time and patience to
build a good wheel and it takes a lot more time and a lot...
Forum: Techniques August 17th 06, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By jlee
Help - Fitting Campagnolo Ergopower Hoods

From experience of 8sp levers, pour some rubbing alcohol in the inside
of the hood (work quickly before it all evaporates), mount the hood
from the front of the lever towards the back. What really...
Forum: Techniques August 16th 06, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By jlee
Campy Chorus shifting problem

I didn't say it but, maybe even Shimano SLR (braking) and SIS
(shifting) cable/housing.

Go to a decent shop that knows WTF they are doing...Clarks, Campag
cable set, new long enough housing....
Forum: Techniques August 4th 06, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By jlee
QSP-Campy on Velonews

For those who have benefitted from Qui si parla's years of
contributions and have wondered what he looked like...check him out on
Velonews.com (look in the velotv section). Thanks Peter and thanks...
Forum: Techniques August 4th 06, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By jlee
Can you guess?

Just like every carbon assed end aluminum now ti and steel frames from
makers that roll with every design gadget they see on another bike(can
you name him??)

My guess is Colnago...
Forum: Techniques August 4th 06, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By jlee
SRAM Force test ride

On day one I rode my Ergo bike. On day two I rode a bike with SRAM.
On day three I rode a bike with STI 10 speed. This is the same order
of quality shifting, comfort, etc.

Russell (if...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By jlee
Frame spacing + campy 7speed question

What-da-ya-know, Peter's right. I checked my ergos which I bought
advertised as 7sp. They do have 7 clicks which means they are 8sp
ergos. Thanks for the heads up Peter.

To respond to Art's comment...
Forum: Techniques August 3rd 06, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By jlee
Frame spacing + campy 7speed question

I just picked up an expertly (hand) made steel bike with TSX tubing and
it has 126mm spacing. I've read many of the past posts (including
Sheldon's DIY guide) and understand what's involved in...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19