Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pdamm
Forum: Australia July 17th 08, 04:34 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By pdamm
Rohloff Hubs

BtC

I have a Rohloff and I think it is great

Thorn – a British bike manufacturer has a loyal customer following on
the forum at the end of this link with lots of useful...
Forum: Australia September 27th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 10
Posted By pdamm
Cycle Tour - South Island of New Zealand - March 2008

Thanks for the post Andrew - it looks like a great tour and a great
source for other great tours in the future!

Peter Damm
Forum: Social Issues September 27th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 9
Posted By pdamm
Cycle Tour - South Island of New Zealand - March 2008

Thanks for the post Andrew - it looks like a great tour and a great
source for other great tours in the future!

Peter Damm
Forum: Australia July 5th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By pdamm
Riding from Bundaberg to Childers (and back)

I grew up in Bundaberg and have driven both roads many times (before I
got into cycling) I would choose the Goodwood Rd since there is less
traffic. I also cycled it in 2004 as part of Cycle...
Forum: Techniques May 23rd 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By pdamm
Antipuncture strips

I have had several p*** where the hole in the tube is right in the
middle of the mark the end of the tyre liner leaves on the outside of
the tube. It only seems to occur when the tube is a bit too...
Forum: Techniques May 23rd 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By pdamm
Antipuncture strips

I have had several p*** where the hole in the tube is right in the
middle of the mark the end of the tyre liner leaves on the outside of
the tube. It only seems to occur when the tube is a bit too...
Forum: General May 17th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By pdamm
Carpel tunnel

That sounds painful!

Over several years I have been progressively raising the height of my
handle bars and this has resulted in the numbness I was getting now
completely disappearing. But I now...
Forum: Techniques May 17th 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By pdamm
Full-Suspension road/touring bikes?.....

These look interesting

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/tout-terrain.asp

http://www.tout-terrain.de/cms/front_content.php?idcat=3

Peter Damm
Forum: General May 14th 07, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By pdamm
Cyclist with Scoliosis Tries to stay ahead of the curve.

I don't know much about scoliosis so I may be way off. Reading your
post reminded of this week end when I discovered my better half's
bike's handlebars were 20 degrees out of square. When I...
Forum: Techniques April 26th 07, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By pdamm
What do YOU do abt dogs?

I carry one of these

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp

It emits a very loud high pitch sound - too high for pople to here but
it is supposed to be very loud and uncomfortable for dogs.

I have...
Forum: Techniques April 26th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By pdamm
What do YOU do abt dogs?

I carry one of these

http://www.dazer.com/dog-deterrent.jsp

It emits a very loud high pitch sound - too high for pople to here but
it is supposed to be very loud and uncomfortable for dogs.

I have...
Forum: Australia April 17th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By pdamm
Quick Question - powder coating Brisbane

On Apr 17, 11:18 pm, "Campag_nut" wrote:
Hi Just following up on my other dumb question about the cranks not coming
off with the 1 key release. Thanks guys, I was...
Forum: Australia March 25th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By pdamm
rear view mirrors

On Mar 26, 12:58 am, wrote:
wondering about the wisdom of using rear view mirrors,
especially in city traffic.
I visited a couple of bike shops here in Adelaide and the...
Forum: Australia March 19th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By pdamm
Biking perimeter of Australia (Update)

On Mar 19, 4:32 am, "BikeManiac" wrote:
This is a continuation to my previous thread on biking the perimeter
of Australia:
Holidays in Victoria, NSW and Quensland...
Forum: Australia March 14th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By pdamm
Training for a long ride

On Mar 14, 1:17 pm, John Henderson wrote:
I wrote:
Tighten each spoke by a half turn (180º).

To clarify, there's no need to tighten spokes right arund the
Forum: Australia March 13th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By pdamm
Tips for biking the eastern part of Australia.

On Mar 14, 7:11 am, "BikeManiac" wrote:
On 13 Mar., 22:07, "BT Humble" wrote:

Sounds like a great trip

There are lots of minor roads to choose from...
Forum: Australia March 7th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By pdamm
Mt Cootha

On Mar 6, 10:00 pm, "Money_Shot" wrote:
Does anyone from Brisbane have any hints on how to tget fromt he cycle path
to the mountain road without suffering an overdose...
Forum: Techniques March 1st 07, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By pdamm
Battery Charging on a Bicycle

On Feb 27, 10:42 am, "Pilgrim" wrote:
Has anyone ever seen a bike rigged with either a generator, or solar
powered battery charger?

These guys have a lot of detail on their...
Forum: General February 21st 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By pdamm
Uh oh, Aluminum frame fatigue question

On Feb 22, 4:53 am, dgk wrote:
I have the low end Trek hybrid 7100 and have put at least 12,000 miles
on it over the last few years. I was reading through a bicycle
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19