Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adam F[_3_]
Forum: Australia May 13th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Bike security

BT Humble wrote:
Jules wrote:
Our dog has taken on the role of "vicious guard dog" to protect the bikes...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/z0s0/492285097/

Steep hill coming up to your...
Forum: Australia May 10th 07, 12:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Red means stop dickhead, part something

Resound wrote:
"Donga" wrote in message
On May 10, 7:00 pm, "Resound" ...
Forum: Australia May 10th 07, 12:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 16
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Pedro's Road Rage Bicycle Lube

Donga wrote:
On May 10, 3:20 pm, Bean Long wrote:
Simon wrote:
I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
used soap. I did...
Forum: Australia May 10th 07, 12:07 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Another Canberra foible

Bean Long wrote:
Adam F wrote:
I was *gasp* driving home tonight (took the car coz I had to pick up
my new bike wheels from the post office :)) and I decided to go
through ANU.
Forum: Australia May 9th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 5
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Another Canberra foible

I was *gasp* driving home tonight (took the car coz I had to pick up my
new bike wheels from the post office :)) and I decided to go through ANU.

Going up Liversidge St, I passed a cyclist, being...
Forum: Australia May 8th 07, 08:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
ACT: No helmet + no lights = Death wish...?

BT Humble wrote:
That was a remarkably coherent rant, Adam! ;-)

Just forget about 'em, life's too short to be worrying about people
who should know better.

How did you get on with your...
Forum: Australia May 7th 07, 01:00 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
ACT: No helmet + no lights = Death wish...?

rant
What the hell's going on in Canberra (or everywhere, for all I know)
since daylight saving ended?

It might be time to resurrect those "If you don't need a head, you don't
need a helmet" ads...
Forum: Australia May 3rd 07, 11:46 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Newbie.. needs advice for cheapy bike

beerwolf wrote:
Harqy wrote:

I'd actually be more than happy to pay for a decent bike. The problem
now is I live in a small apartment near the beach (east subs) so it
has to be chained...
Forum: Australia May 2nd 07, 10:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Hell Ride crash 'inevitable'

Friday wrote:
From the Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/hell-ride-crash-inevitable/2007/05/01/1177788114967.html

A "Hell Ride" cyclist found himself "between a rock and a...
Forum: Australia May 2nd 07, 10:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
The padded bit in knicks.

Duncan wrote:
On May 2, 2:00 pm, Brendo wrote:
I guess, the actual height dimension depends on personal "dimension",
trial and error, if you strike it right...
Forum: Australia May 2nd 07, 10:26 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Hubs with old-skool axle

BT Humble wrote:
Adam F wrote:
Dave wrote:
Anyway, unless the bike's using cartridge bearings which just snap in,
those bearings are loose balls. Putting in a new axle means you need...
Forum: Australia April 30th 07, 12:25 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Hubs with old-skool axle

Dave wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:52:41 +1000, Adam F wrote:

Hmm OK cheers. I think I need to look at an exploded diagram or
something, I'm clearly not up to speed on the internals of a...
Forum: Australia April 29th 07, 12:52 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Hubs with old-skool axle

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:34:26 +1000, Adam F wrote:

Hmm. When I asked my LBS that they said "oh no, would have to replace
the bearings and fiddle around etc."

Huh? That's...
Forum: Australia April 27th 07, 12:34 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Hubs with old-skool axle

BT Humble wrote:
On Apr 26, 10:11 pm, Adam F wrote:
I've been looking for a rear wheel with a bolt-on hub for my SS
conversion (cassette not freewheel), but...
Forum: Australia April 26th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Hubs with old-skool axle

I've been looking for a rear wheel with a bolt-on hub for my SS
conversion (cassette not freewheel), but darned if I can find one. I
mean to say, my friend's Huffy came with one - why are they so...
Forum: Australia April 26th 07, 12:23 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Are slick high pressure tyres available?

SomeGuy wrote:
One small further comment. the absence of tread makes no difference to
your wet weather grip on a pushbike, except to say that you might
actually have less on a treaded...
Forum: Australia April 26th 07, 12:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
24hr riding in Canberra

Parbs wrote:
RobWoozle wrote:
Seems that there are TWO races now...

Where have you been?

Obviously too much mountain biking is not enough!

That remains to be seen.
Forum: Australia April 24th 07, 10:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
The BIG Issue - bikes

Donga wrote:
On Apr 24, 1:13 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2pi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Donga Wrote:

If you have $4 spare, pick up a copy of the BIG ISSUE (yellow bike sign
Forum: Australia April 10th 07, 10:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Bike Related Finance

Duncan wrote:
On Apr 10, 4:14 pm, "Rhubarb" wrote:

Especially if you can get a credit card with a 6 - 12 months interest
free term.

the trick here is to take up...
Forum: Australia March 19th 07, 07:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Sri Chinmoy Multisport at Jindabyne this weekend...

Bean Long wrote:
Adam F wrote:
...my first MTB race! Yay!

Good luck! I know a pile of Canberrans are heading down (or is it up?)
for the race. Sounds like a tough one! Are you out...
Forum: Australia March 14th 07, 08:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

Bean Long wrote:
Adam F wrote:
...my first MTB race! Yay!

Good luck! I know a pile of Canberrans are heading down (or is it up?)
for the race. Sounds like a tough one! Are you out...
Forum: Australia March 13th 07, 10:53 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Sri Chinmoy Multisport at Jindabyne this weekend...

....my first MTB race! Yay!

--
//Adam F
Forum: Australia March 12th 07, 11:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

Scott Blanch wrote:
There I was just riding along... actually I was stopped and waiting for
the traffic to clear a roundabout to turn right when I felt a bump from
behind. My first thought...
Forum: Australia March 7th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Coaster brake - opinions?

Sheldon Brown wrote:
I've converted an old cromoly MTB for street use, with 1.5in slicks and
just the one speed :)

Now that I've started down the minimalist route, I'm thinking about
Forum: Australia March 6th 07, 12:31 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Adam F[_3_]
Coaster brake - opinions?

Hello all,

I've converted an old cromoly MTB for street use, with 1.5in slicks and
just the one speed :)

Now that I've started down the minimalist route, I'm thinking about
getting rid of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25