Someone has done some designs for powering LEDs from dynamos.
http://www.pilom.com/BicycleElectronics/DynamoCircuits.htm

I didn't realise you that such simple circuits would work due to the...
Forum: Australia June 24th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By Russell Lang
Dynamo lighting

"TimC" wrote in message
On 2007-06-23, John Tserkezis (aka Bruce)
Forum: Australia June 3rd 07, 10:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Russell Lang
Hit by a car!

"Joel Mayes" wrote in message
Last night I had the good luck to walk away from being rear-ended by a
car on...
Forum: Australia May 12th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Russell Lang
Australian design award for bike lamp

"Travis" wrote in message
I saw on television that an Australian designed LED bike lamp has just
been one of...
Forum: Australia April 7th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Russell Lang
Biking perimeter of Australia (groceries and bikebox in Brisbane)

"BikeManiac" wrote in message
1. As written earlier I'm planning on biking the perimeter of
Australia but I...
Forum: Australia February 17th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Russell Lang
Cree XR-E LED bicycle light

Ray,

I have my LEDs, but still find it impossible to source FCG optics, which
would be a drop in replacement for my lights, upgrading from Lux III's.

Did you just give up on getting FCG's,...
Forum: Australia February 17th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Russell Lang
Cree XR-E LED bicycle light

My previous bike light used a Luxeon III LED,
http://www.ghostgum.com.au/misc/BikeLightV1.htm
and was based on Suzy's design
http://www.littlefishbicycles.com/bikelight/index.html

Since then,...
Forum: Australia October 3rd 06, 10:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Russell Lang
theage 'safety' tips for RTWD

"Euan" wrote in message ...
Bleve wrote:
From The Age, re RTWD
¦ Ride within a car door's width away from parked cars.

Forum: Australia August 12th 06, 01:37 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Russell Lang
Gone Rohloff for the weekend

"Euan" wrote in message ...
Control of the shifting's by means of a grip shifter on the right hand side. I found it a little
Forum: Australia July 19th 06, 09:44 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Russell Lang
No safety benefit in reducing CBD speed limit to 40km/h

Or so says RACV's Ken Ogden.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/council-proposes-underground-train-line/2006/07/19/1153166455609.html

"Under $5 million set aside by the council, other proposals...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10