Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: hectorqlucero
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By hectorqlucero
Slowest learners?

RichVoice;1063298 wrote:
Nope, definitely not. Like rob.northcott, I've had to take
several-month breaks due to back problems -- several breaks, in my case.
And for the same reason I just...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By hectorqlucero
KH Saddle Bolts

Unicorn;1125214 wrote:
Just wondering before I Take it apart:

On a ride this Friday I broke one of the bolts that hold my KH Fusion
Freeride saddle to the rail adaptor. I was wondering if I...
Forum: Unicycling August 5th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 92
Posted By hectorqlucero
Future of Unicycle Road Racing (here's what I think; what do you think?)

I agree with almost everything said here except the fact that a category
1 racer would be a faster unicyclist. Chuck you may not be beat by a
category 1 racer even though you think otherwise. It is...
Forum: Unicycling August 4th 08, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By hectorqlucero
It's not the size that counts? Or is it?

inthe10ring wrote:
The big question... Can even I ride a unicycle?
A little backstory... I'm 25, weight 325lbs, and have been
cycling/mountain biking/touring for 13 years... I currently live
Forum: Unicycling July 14th 08, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By hectorqlucero
Help, learning

Whistler wrote:
Anyone interested in helping out a total beginner...don't even have a
unicylce yet, but hope to buy one in the next few days...looking.

I come to Vancouver occassionaly. ...
Forum: Unicycling June 19th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hectorqlucero
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

GILD wrote:
Cause there's only two of them and GPS has an inbuilt filter that
filters out data regarding well-known maniacs.

I think.

My bad, the check box on the right of the team name...
Forum: Unicycling June 19th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hectorqlucero
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

Why is team #7 Yellow Line Fever not showing on the map???

--
hectorqlucero
hectorqlucero's Profile:...
Posted By hectorqlucero
Ride The Lobster - What's Happening?

Into the blue wrote:
Any idea where Team Mexicali finished?

No, but I am here in Mexicali Mexico enjoying 111 degrees of pure
heat/hell...

--
Forum: Unicycling May 15th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10

Indeed a very nice narrative of a ride... We all experience rides in
different ways and what makes it really interesting is how others see
and how we sometimes can share the same feelings and or...
Forum: Unicycling May 7th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By hectorqlucero
Handle vs Weight on a 36

corbin wrote:
Boy, everyone seems to have an opinion on the Handle bar for a 36! Mine
conflicts with a few other people's opinions, so it may end up being
"whatever works for you", and you'll...
Forum: Unicycling May 5th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hectorqlucero
Handle vs Weight on a 36

Are there any long distance riders that plain don't use a handle? Why?

--
hectorqlucero
hectorqlucero's Profile:...

I would like to hear some real good reasons from experienced unicyclist
concerning why the handle is so good even with it's weight penalty.
Does it really help in stabilizing the unicycle at higher...
Forum: Unicycling May 5th 08, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hectorqlucero
Handle vs Weight on a 36

brycer1968 wrote:
This is the link:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69690

Can you upgrade the coker handle to fit on a nimbus 36 frame post vs
the seat post? I am not so...
Forum: Unicycling May 5th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By hectorqlucero
Handle vs Weight on a 36

Comming from a bike background my major interest was getting the bike to
be as light as possible. Now using this same methodology having a seat
like a kh freeride which comes with a handle should be...
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By hectorqlucero
Seat height for comfortable distance riding

Here is something you can try and it works...
Measure your inseam and set the height of the seat to your actual
inseam. Measure from the bottom of the crank to the middle of the seat,
not the top....
Forum: Unicycling April 21st 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By hectorqlucero
seat post height?

Here is something you can try and it works...
Measure your inseam and set the height of the seat to your actual
inseam. Measure from the bottom of the crank to the middle of the seat,
not the top....
Forum: Unicycling April 15th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By hectorqlucero
Help needed!

simonpaddon wrote:
Can you help me? I have been trying to uni for about 2 years- but still
cant ride more than about 20 meters, and that's not in the direction I
want.

Thing is, I have...
Forum: Unicycling March 31st 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By hectorqlucero
Uni Count

Just recently added:

5 club 20" unicycles

2563 Unicycles
774 Riders

--
hectorqlucero
Forum: Unicycling March 11th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Whatever you do, don't push yourself to a point of frustration. If you
feel you are pushing yourself too hard, you are not going to enjoy
riding a Unicycle. Everyone here has mentioned technique,...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 07, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By hectorqlucero
What kind of unicycle do you have???

jamessd wrote:
Might I ask why you have -two- kh29s?

I bought an extra kh29 to loan to a friend that can't afford to buy
one, but really likes to ride...

--
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 07, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40

1 - 20" unknown brand
1 - 24" Modified Sun
1 - 26" Modified Sun
2 - 29" kh
1 - 36" nimbus deluxe

2254 Unicycles
741 Unicyclists
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By hectorqlucero
What kind of unicycle do you have???

1 cheap 20" - don't know what brand
1 sun 24" - added nice double walled wheel and pedals
1 sun 26" - added nice double walled wheel and pedals
2 stock kh 29's
1 nimbus 36" deluxe

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By hectorqlucero
36 or 29

It's a matter of decisions and for different reasons. Therefore, I can
tell you what I decided to do:

1. KH 29 for light trails and dirt riding.
2. Nimbus 36" for long road rides.

Note: If I...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By hectorqlucero
How long did it take to mount a 36" with 80% accuracy

Please explain your technique for mounting the beast.

--
hectorqlucero
hectorqlucero's Profile:...

ahollow wrote:
Hey Terry,

Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone's got (at least) one! Just learn
to ignore them (as I've done with the voices in my head) and have fun
with your filming...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46