Showing results 1 to 25 of 151
Search took 2.44 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: tomkarches
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By tomkarches
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

McNerdius;1159601 wrote:
Not to be a retard, but i read everywhere "typically, it takes 10-15
hours of practice to learn to unicycle" But what does that mean ?
Level 1 skills ? 5 revs ? I...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By tomkarches
post your homemade handlebars here!

munirocks;1145196 wrote:
So my T7 snapped today, and I don't think I'll be getting another one
before Roger improves the design once more. I think he should at least
put them on sale now...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By tomkarches
Decisions, decisions... what to do?

Buretto;1131570 wrote:

Any comments or reviews on the 29er from Yuni or Bedford?

I have a Bedford 29er...been riding it for 2 years now. It is my daily
commuter. Love it.

I had it built...
Forum: Unicycling October 29th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By tomkarches
Photo of unicyclist in 18 Hour Race

Just stumbled onto this picture :

Unicyclist in 18 hour race in Virginia.
Not sure if this is the official race name.

http://www.trianglemtb.com/

Anyone know who this is?

--tom
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By tomkarches
$700 Billion Bailout Good for Unicyclists!

Bondo;1110932 wrote:

THE GOV'T WILL PAY YOU $20 A MONTH TO UNICYCLE TO WORK!
Please explain how this is a bad idea?

If I'm reading this right...

Looks like the tax credit is for your...
Forum: Unicycling September 29th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By tomkarches
Garmin Forerunner 205/305 quick release kit

I got the Forerunner 205. I hated the original band....it kept slipping
around my arm. I bought the quick release kit which comes with a velcro
band with a clip-in bracket for the 205.

I really...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By tomkarches
Online purchase-best place?

That's a great price for the AX. Only about $20 more than I paid for my
LX.

I started riding again when I was 45, and the LX is what I started
with...tom

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By tomkarches
A warning on pipe-cutters

I've also had a (aluminum) seat post get stuck after cutting. It took
two people tugging at it to get it loose.

If you use a pipe cutter, make sure that any flaring is totally filed
down. I did not...
Forum: Unicycling September 24th 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By tomkarches
backpack

It is certainly possible. I do it almost every day. Just don't load it
up too much. I would likely not be able to ride with the backpack my
7th grader carries to school.....tom

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By tomkarches
inexpensive unicycles

dbell wrote:
just beginning? Torker LX or CX. Around $100 or less. But if you get
the CX, buy a new seat, you'll be glad you did.

Get the LX. My learner was a 24 LX. Worth the extra $20 or...
Forum: Unicycling September 10th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By tomkarches
How do you dismount?

scoope wrote:
I have tried the search function but since dismount is so commonly used
I was not able to find an answer to the question - Which is
safer/preferable controlled dismount, a front...
Forum: Unicycling September 3rd 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By tomkarches
Rail trail riding breakthrough, discovered weaving.

Chrashing wrote:
I hadn't felt comfortable with the music playing when riding the street
since it masks cars approaching from behind

I have a carrying case with a built in speaker that will...
Forum: Unicycling August 30th 08, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By tomkarches
To Travel with, or sans the unicycle- dilemma

napalm wrote:
Hi everyone,

At the end of this year i am travelling to Syria for 2 months to
continue my Arabic Language studies from university. I will be staying
in Aleppo for the...
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 48
Posted By tomkarches
Need a better seat!!!!!!! Please Help!!

xONExLIFEx wrote:
mostly i just kinda want something that i can ride around town and not
have to worry about having a sore crotch for a week so i cant ride
anymore. if people say the kh...
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By tomkarches
36 vs 29

gangstertaco wrote:
is there a big enough difference of speed and tire size for me to buy a
coker? i have a nimbus 29:) and love it but i am just wondering

I have a 24, 29 and 36. My 24 is...
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 48
Posted By tomkarches
Need a better seat!!!!!!! Please Help!!

xONExLIFEx wrote:
any more suggestions?

- You could convert the Torker LX seat into an air seat for the cost of
a 12 inch inner tube. Google is your friend.

- Find someone with a new Coker Big...
Forum: Unicycling August 24th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By tomkarches
Garmin Forerunner 205/305 quick release kit

I was considering the Forerunner 205 to track my distance riding...I
went to REI and tried one on. It feels huge on my wrist. For shorter
distances, it would probably be OK.

Then I saw this quick...
Forum: Unicycling August 22nd 08, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By tomkarches
36er riding handle using KH seatpost adapter?

munirocks wrote:
Let's see some custom handles here. I currently use a regular T7 on my
36er and it's sort of okay, but far from ideal, I think. I might want
to try the coker handle some...
Forum: Unicycling August 21st 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By tomkarches
36er riding handle using KH seatpost adapter?

Has anyone every built a 36er riding handle using the KH seatpost
adapter? :

http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=811

I have a T7, but might want to try something simpler. I like the...
Forum: Unicycling August 21st 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By tomkarches
The T7 and evil voices

I've been riding with the T7 for a couple of weeks now on my Coker. I
really like the handle in front, but my leg keeps hitting the T
crossbar when mounting.

As for pushing the uni while not...
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 71
Posted By tomkarches
Muni or Trials as Olympic sport?

tholub wrote:
It looks good in the sense of "wow, that's amazing," but not in the
sense of "hey, I gotta get home, the unicycle trials world
championships are on!" Trials competitions are low...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 71
Posted By tomkarches
Muni or Trials as Olympic sport?

unidunc wrote:
Unicycling would need to prove itself as a "real" sport BEFORE it went
to the olympics, in order for it to even be considered.

If "synchronized diving" can be a sport,...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By tomkarches
Mike Tierney - another epic climb

muni_guy wrote:

I hope you'll do a write up for the next issue of Uni Mag.

Second. The Independence Pass article was great.

--tom
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By tomkarches
RTL Jerseys

I would buy one.

--
tomkarches
tomkarches's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12418

If you haven't already, add yourself to the Unicyclist.com Google map
(the link is on the top right of the home page).Then we can see where
everyone is...tom

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 151