Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alex
Forum: Racing March 10th 09, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Posted By Alex
Forum with Garmin/Slipstream coach Allen Lim, March 15

My club, CRCA, is sponsoring a forum with Allen Lim. All proceeds
benefit the juniors in our club. There is also a raffle for a power
tap. If you are around NYC on March 15, you might want to...
Forum: Marketplace March 26th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 5
Posted By Alex
3) Questions / Concerns re. bike components ... for a new bike! -other brands?

On Feb 11, 7:27 am, PedalNut wrote:
Hello again,
So far, I've looked at Fulcrum, DT Swiss, and Mavic wheels. What if
any other brands should I be considering?

If you...
Forum: Marketplace February 6th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By Alex
scam email

Thier web site looks just like this one:

http://www.morgansbikes.com/

Morgan's bikes is definitely a scam. It's been around for while. I
have to wonder why they have not been shut...
Forum: Racing December 20th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 48
Posted By Alex
USADA streak broken

On Dec 20, 9:39 am, wrote:

Look, if you don't understand how the thing works perhaps you ought to
go out and play in the sandbox. They have information that we need. Of
Forum: Racing December 20th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 48
Posted By Alex
USADA streak broken

On Dec 18, 2:21 pm, "
wrote:

USADA, WADA, and Chateney-Malabry are quasi-governmental
agencies and arguably have a duty of care which some
Forum: Marketplace October 26th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 4
Posted By Alex
morgan's bikes scam

Just in case anyone is solicited to buy bikes form www.morgansbikes.com,
don't do it. It's a scam. They are running a western union scam
forging emails to make them look like they cam from...
Forum: Marketplace October 26th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 6
Posted By Alex
what's happing to the local neighborhood bike shops?

On Oct 24, 12:08 am, wrench4life wrote:
Is it just me or are the old school, "mom & pop" bike shops fading
away due to places like walmart,target, and performance?

Walmar...
Forum: Marketplace October 23rd 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 3
Posted By Alex
has anyone tried

On Oct 22, 10:11 pm, "
wrote:
those interesting mag wheel things on a road bike?

Mag wheels? Why? I'M sure they will be heavier than a regular...
Forum: Techniques August 20th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Alex
front derailleur cable touches rear tire.

On Aug 20, 1:33 pm, jerryf wrote:
This is on a Giant TCR composit with campy 10 speed components. How
would I move the cable away from the wheel... the front derailleur
Forum: Techniques August 14th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Alex
Any Lightweight Step-Through Bikes?

On Aug 11, 7:08 pm, wrote:
Because of arthritis and other problems, my wife needs a bike with a
low, step-through frame and a fairly upright seating posture, but not
so...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Alex
new American Classic seatpost

Ihaven't used it, but it looks like a cleverly simple design. I would
hope it has marks to make it easy to keep the clamp centered.
----------------------
Alex
Forum: Techniques August 14th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 116
Posted By Alex
Chinese Executive Kills Self Amid Recall

On Aug 13, 7:30 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
wrote:
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
After having my dog almost die from...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Alex
Miele Bicycle with Exage Motion components

On Aug 13, 9:46 pm, Hank Wirtz wrote:
On Aug 13, 5:07 pm, landotter wrote:

Wasn't it a replacement for "Light Action" stuff at the bottom of the
Forum: Racing August 9th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Alex
More IOC corruption?

On Aug 8, 8:49 am, Bill C wrote:
It sure looks and sounds like the IOC was aware from the beginning
that China would have serious problems staging the games. You have...
Forum: Racing August 9th 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Alex
And so it goes...

On Aug 8, 3:40 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Stories about Kashechkin blood doping, and a mystery no-questions-asked
press conference this Friday with Bruyneel and...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Alex
Allez Elite vs Allez Comp

On Jul 2, 10:54 pm, wizardB wrote:

I took it to my LBS and they had the Trek rep come take a look at it and
he had to admit that that was what was happening and he gave me a...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 07, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Alex
Allez Elite vs Allez Comp

On Jun 30, 3:19 pm, wizardB wrote:

most bikes and frames never see much use the 5 yr. refers to a bike that
is used regularly you will see catastrophic failures sometimes but
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By Alex
Allez Elite vs Allez Comp

On Jun 29, 10:43 pm, wizardB wrote:
All aluminum frames have a finite life

True

(about5 years)

You just pulled that number out of thin air. No all AL frames
are the same, so...
Forum: Techniques August 2nd 07, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Alex
Trek Madone 5.2 versus Fuji Team Pro

On Aug 1, 4:20 pm, D'ohBoy wrote:
On Aug 1, 12:13 pm, Alex wrote:

On Jul 31, 1:10 pm, Josh wrote:

I've been riding...
Forum: Racing August 1st 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 6
Posted By Alex
Extreme Solutions to the Never-Ending Tour de France Cheating Scandal

On Jul 31, 6:43 am, "Breaking News" wrote:
* Lifetime ban

This would be fine once you get get 100% fool prof tests.

* Sequestered cyclists

This might be tough to...
Forum: Techniques August 1st 07, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Alex
need advice- Looking at buying soime Spinergy Carbon Rev X race wheels.

On Jul 28, 5:36 am, wrote:
From add

"Spinergy Carbon Rev X race wheels.

Bearings and skewers are in good order - the wheels run true with no
nicks or cracks in the...
Forum: Techniques August 1st 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Alex
1-1/8" threaded headset availability

On Jul 28, 5:49 pm, Steve Gravrock wrote:
I have an old mountain bike that I use as a winter commuter and that
I'm thinking of setting up as a year-round errand bike....
Forum: Techniques August 1st 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Alex
shimano/campy compatibility

On Jul 30, 1:21 pm, JG wrote:
Has anyone ever bothered to machine custom click-stop plates to
install in the shifter so that one can match different brands of
derailleur abd...
Forum: Techniques August 1st 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Alex
Best HRM for the price

On Jul 31, 11:39 am, "Phil Cox" wrote:
I am looking at getting a HRM to help with training. I have a couple of
friends who use the Edge 305. Seems like overkill, but what a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120