Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Forum: Techniques October 15th 06, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

David wrote:
The tester neglected to mention which
system he was trying with.
No, it was right in the first line: Hayes Sole V6
What do you think of these?

Closed hydro brake system can suffer...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

This is interesting, it is the first time I hear
that disk breaks need to be broken in. Other
takes on that, is that so in your experience?
Knowing only motorcycle disk brakes, it
seems odd to me...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 10th 06, 07:07 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

Any input from anyone else on the actual questions?
Thanks!

Chris

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Buy from a reputable dealer that can adequately support the bike they
sell iof you do not have the skills to...
Forum: General October 10th 06, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

Hi,

I tried a bike with hydraulic disk brakes (Hayes Sole V6) yesterday
for the first time, and would appreciate your input on my impressions:

- On the first bike I tried, it was not possible...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 10th 06, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

Hi,

I tried a bike with hydraulic disk brakes (Hayes Sole V6) yesterday
for the first time, and would appreciate your input on my impressions:

- On the first bike I tried, it was not possible...
Forum: Off Road October 10th 06, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

Hi,

I tried a bike with hydraulic disk brakes (Hayes Sole V6) yesterday
for the first time, and would appreciate your input on my impressions:

- On the first bike I tried, it was not possible...
Forum: Techniques October 10th 06, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

Hi,

I tried a bike with hydraulic disk brakes (Hayes Sole V6) yesterday
for the first time, and would appreciate your input on my impressions:

- On the first bike I tried, it was not possible...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 06, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 66
Posted By [email protected]
How to wax your chain?

Motorcycle chain spray. If desired, wipe off the excess from the
outside of the chain after soaking the joints. Will creep into the
joints and not come off ever unless you do over 60 mph in the rain...
Forum: Techniques August 25th 06, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
OnGuard Bike Lock Anti-Theft-Warranty: What a Sam!

I just bought an OnGuard bike lock that promised
a $1251 "Anti-Theft Protection Offer" on the outside
of the box. "(details inside)"

Inside is only a little note with the OnGuard webpage
address, no...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13