Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: feel the light
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By feel the light
Buying that first 36er

If you ask UDC they might let you swap out the cranks for a pair of dual
hole moments. They are very convenient and popular, and will also save
you the cost of buying 125's later.

--
feel the...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It is not important to get my brand of saws all. Just get one. You don't
need a guide. I use a vise to hold the post, but a foot holding it to a
log would do as well, 20 seconds with a saws all and...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By feel the light
A warning on pipe-cutters

At least not if the world was full of rusted muffler clamps, pipes in
places an arms length away with no room for a hack saw, or anything that
****es me off by existing somewhere I don't want it to. ...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By feel the light
3 wheel unicycle

But I have an idea for a crazy parade type homemade thing. Have a 29 on
top, a 24 in the middle and a 19 at the bottom. Or maybe a 29-20-12. I
think for a homemade item, different sized wheels give...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By feel the light
KH Moment Ti Hub

Holes save a little weight, and have that nice smooth radius to spread
the stress. I like having KH on all the parts, because uni's are kinda
more a mixture of parts, on the high end, then any sort...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By feel the light
Do Moments strip easily?

The grease in pedal threads is there to lube the threads during
installation, and to fill the space to exclude water. Don't remove your
pedal unless you need to. Every time you tighten and loosen...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By feel the light
Negatives of nimbus trials?

nimblelight;1159359 wrote:
That's still not a uni I would buy, and certainly not for trials.

I think you are right . Now that I look at it more closely, it doesn't
have a 19 " trials tire.

I...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By feel the light
Negatives of nimbus trials?

The pictures of the products are identical. I am not surprised by the
AEB discount. IMHO they are the same thing, but email to be sure first.

--
feel the...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

And From AEB

I bought, along with a bunch of other forum riders, a KH 20 from AEB
last year for 368 $ delivered. They are a reputable company, and often
do sell good stuff at well under retail.

I...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By feel the light
Negatives of nimbus trials?

This is the pic from UDC

|Filename: UNNI0220IR.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By feel the light
Which one to buy

Just make sure you get the Torker Lx, and not the much crappier cx
model.

A 20 is easier to free mount, idle, or ride backwards, when you first
learn. Yet the 24 is smoother and much more pleasant...
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By feel the light
Negatives of nimbus trials?

For about 170 $, and they ship very cheap.

http://tinyurl.com/8du535

I was surprised to find this, as I thought only UDC had them. AEB is
sparse on details, but the picture looks identical to the...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By feel the light
idea for all you weight savers out there ... a "hole-y" seatpost

It is very obvious that the max stress in the seat tube is at the top.
The bottom part will never break stock and could be reliably drilled.
The gain is small, but it is a real gain.

--
feel the...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By feel the light
idea for all you weight savers out there ... a "hole-y" seatpost

It sounds like you wish to take the world gap record. Or perhaps you
have it already, I remember that special vid.:)

Drilling holes in parts has a long and glorious history in motorcycle
racing. The...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By feel the light
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

My model is this Giro Atlas 2. There are other very similar models in
the same 37 $ ish price range, the Giro indicator etc., and the very
similar Bells. I think they all fit-work about the same so...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By feel the light
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

I bought one and only wore it once. Way to hot and uncomfortable. So for
me that helmet offered only one day of protection.

After about a year of riding naked, I bought a low end foam-shell...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By feel the light
Kh frame differences

The 05 KH-Onza hub is a fine set up, and 42 mm, so you could put a late
model ISIS hub in the 05 frame. The KH-Onza setup is a fine piece, and
there is no good reason to just replace it. It also uses...
Forum: Unicycling December 16th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By feel the light
Kh frame differences

I could be wrong, but I think the 05-06 frames are the same as the 07.
The big difference is a switch from a KH-Onza hub to the ISIS hub with
moment cranks, used on the 07 and...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By feel the light
home made tire anyone?

I think a 44 would sell a lot better then a 32, but no matter. There are
a lot of vid's about tire construction. You need to come up with serious
$ to get the pressure mold-oven thing together to...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By feel the light
Freakin tubes keep popping

I used to just feel around with my hand, but after a came close to
getting stabbed by a pin, I started using a rag. Tiny glass or metal
pieces can be impossible to see, but will snag the cloth.

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 28th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By feel the light
torker LX 24 or 26

Cranks for a torker lx or ax ,or any cotterless uni, are cheap. Riding
it on the street or dirt, it is unlikely anything will break before you
have worn out a few tires. Just don't hop a lot or off...
Forum: Unicycling September 27th 08, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By feel the light
torker LX 24 or 26

That's a good price for a quality uni. 26 " tires are a lot more common,
and if you think that's what you want, that's a good uni at a good price
IMHO.

I sorta had to learn again. Start along a...
Forum: Unicycling September 26th 08, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By feel the light
Online purchase-best place?

http://tinyurl.com/5ohfdc

This place has an excellent seller rating on Amazon. That is the best
price that I know of. That is an excellent uni, the best in that price
range IMHO.

--
feel the...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I sorta agree with what everyone has said. The idea of multi day touring
makes the v2 look good to me. Rigging saddle bags in the back that could
hold light yet bulky stuff. A rain suit, tiny...
Forum: Unicycling September 25th 08, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By feel the light
Coker Big One vs. Coker V2

The v2 might be better if you want to add saddle bags for touring. I
could see bolting a u shaped piece of alum to the two tubes on each
side, going around the wheel in back, and using that to mount...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500