Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: siafirede
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By siafirede
Unicycling to the Inauguration

I just drove on Constitution Ave tonight and saw the fences/barricades
that were being put up and the thousands of porter potties lining the
mall. It is going to be so ridiculous on Tuesday that I...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By siafirede
New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

john_childs;1170315 wrote:
I wonder what kind of unicycle she will use? Parts of the trail aren't
suitable for a Coker. A 29er maybe? A geared 24 or 29er would make
more sense.

She is...
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By siafirede
New trip for Gracie? Maybe...

She was talking about doing that trip a while ago (7 months ago maybe),
I didn't know she was going to put it all together so soon. It looks
like she will be carrying all her own gear too. Great...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 85
Posted By siafirede
A warning on pipe-cutters

jogi;1169235 wrote:
if you have problems to get the seatpost out, just try the other way.
remove the wheel, press the seatpost through the frame as far as
possible, cut the upper end of the...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By siafirede
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1167349 wrote:
I'm craving some roadie bars...not so much for the drops, I really want
to ride the hoods on this set-up!

Another thing to consider....is there any reason for road...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By siafirede
Lightweight ISIS cranks with some Q factor?

Here is a pic Tony sent me:

30885

|Filename: nimbusisis.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By siafirede
Lightweight ISIS cranks with some Q factor?

I was able to find the answer to this question yesterday after talking
with Tony Melton about how I hated using heavy KH Moments on my geared
36er. I thought that the only light ISIS cranks you...
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By siafirede
DC Uni 2009

explosionsq;1166190 wrote:
What do I do to become a member of DC Uni? I live in Maryland right
next to the D.C. line.

As for a motto, what about something more related to D.C. itself?

Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By siafirede
Seattle To Portland On A Unicycle (July 2009)

Straightarrow;1165217 wrote:

Thanks again for the thoughtful responses...What is your preference for
a saddle now? Air or gel, which model?

The KH fusion freeride is general regarded as...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By siafirede
Broken Schlumpf Crank

Are both buttons stuck? If not, contact Ken Looi (Gizmoduck on the
board) and ask him for instructions on how to remove the button. He
stripped the tiny bolt that holds the button on as well, but...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By siafirede
Pictures of your latest ride

turtle;1164710 wrote:
i found even a steeper one...and for all those with doubts, come in the
end of may to liechtenstein to the 'elsbet09'
(http://tinyurl.com/6wrakh) (liechtenstein and swiss...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By siafirede
Munibar: The making of a Mountain Uni Handlebar

Interesting set up.

I agree with you in your blog post, I think more of an angle would work
better - the handle holds look too flat.

I need to find some friends nearby that weld! I really like...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By siafirede
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

I thought I would post an update after doing about 200 miles on the
geared 36.

I put a T7 handle on it recently instead of using the GB4s. I miss the
control I had with the GB4s, but the T7 gives...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By siafirede
DC Uni 2009

I have brakes, gears, and handlebars on my uni =]

As far as the motto goes...just be sure that if you got it from
somewhere else that the original creator doesn't mind.

--
siafirede

'DCuni'...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By siafirede
Broken Schlumpf Crank

critter;1161637 wrote:
Mine were the 152s. I'm thinking about 150/125 combo. My guess is that
you don't like them since you got that nice collection.

If you are talking about the dual...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By siafirede
Broken Schlumpf Crank

You can either get the same schlumpf cranks at http://www.schlumpf.ch

Or You can try out some ProWheel cranks.

You probably want to get a crank with some Q factor b/c if you are
using a crank with...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By siafirede
Mapping Distance Rides

kington99;1160759 wrote:
i use a piece of freeware called sportTracks to link to a garmin
forerunner 205

I just bought a forerunner 305. How does sportTracks compare to the
Garmin Training...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By siafirede
Schlumpf shifting techniques

rolandisimo;1159790 wrote:
I'm now always shifting with my heel, no more ankle-bone action.

The pegs on the pedals make it tricky to rotate your foot and nab the
button. If you're having...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By siafirede
Off-center seatposts??

You could also buy a new rail type seat post, I don't know if it was
your rails that were messed up or your seat post, but it looked like the
clamps on that seat post were too small to hold the seat...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By siafirede
will i fit a 29er uni??

Yeah, you will be fine.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By siafirede
Off-center seatposts??

Joey,

Bring it tonight and I'll fix it for you.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 47
Posted By siafirede
What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

I was using some interchangeable bicycle sunglasses and using the clear
lenses to keep the cold air out of my eyes, but they only help a little
bit. I think I am going to invest in some ski goggles...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By siafirede
KH36, single speed!!

The KH/Schlumpf 36 is heavier and does feel sluggish sometimes, but
overall it is a much better ride(for the road/long distance). The
geared 36 really works your leg muscles, more so than I ever...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By siafirede
U-Decide (unicycle decision)

Hmm, I don't know if RTL is happening next year or not...but...

If you want a road unicycle, and will have a max of 600, go with a
36er. They are much better for the road than a 29er.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By siafirede
post your homemade handlebars here!

eenwieler-sander;1153127 wrote:
to munirocks

that rack is not good for any handlebar modification if you ask me
we have one at my lbs where i work but the shape is not really what you
are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500