Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: scoope
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By scoope
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

With that set up the fork rake will be negative which will make turning
more difficult.

Did you experience the unicycle wanting to keep in a straight line when
trying to turn?

--...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By scoope
Choosing a MUni

Mono

Depends on the style of off-road you wish to do. If you want to do
technical downhill you will need a 24" but if you intend a more XC style
of off-road then a 26" or a 29" will be the way to...
Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By scoope
Nerd cant mount !

Unicorn;1155403 wrote:

Trying to learn while facing downhill
Unicorn

+1 on that!
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By scoope
Nerd cant mount !

I really believe that learning the freemount is actually harder than
learning to ride!

Practice is, of course, the key but when I was first learning and
frustrated I was given good advice in this...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By scoope
Crank lengh advice needed please.

I went from 165mm cranks to 150mm cranks, I definitely prefer the 150s.
That said, I cannot make any comments about extra speed but I found the
150s did not hurt my knees and the spinning of the...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By scoope
got the 20" ... practice going good

Excellent news - glad you are "feeling it" with the 20"!

--
scoope
scoope's Profile:...

Looks like everyone was having fun! That definitely came over in the
video.

The UPDs were very entertaining as well. It was nice to see the
successful downhills followed by the "practice"...
Forum: Unicycling December 4th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 123
Posted By scoope
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

Brian O.;1142571 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't want to ruin the fun for anyone but you've already done
it. Just search "christmas" on UDC and it will give you all the deals.

That's how I found...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 123
Posted By scoope
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

Jeremy R;1142460 wrote:
what was todays? I couldnt find it

Today it's hubs

http://tinyurl.com/7frxc
Forum: Unicycling November 24th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By scoope
Advice please on the best way to start learning to freemount.

munimutant;1136841 wrote:
BTW, good for you starting to ride at 48. I started at 47, such a great
way to stay young.

I started at 48 too! I also like this saying.

"You don't stop playing...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By scoope
Advice please on the best way to start learning to freemount.

I found the freemount harder to learn than riding and I'm still
learning. There was a lot of good advice given to me in this thread.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73618

Good...
Forum: Unicycling November 18th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By scoope
Shin Guards?

661 - Veggie Wrap available at a good price here

http://tinyurl.com/5ozu2j

--
scoope
scoope's Profile:...

Been out on the 150s and I think I prefer them over the 165s. Easier on
the knees and I can spin better. I'm surprised 15 mm in crank length
makes so much difference.

Freemountng may be a little...
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By scoope
Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

Wellgo MG-1 (Ti) for $76 here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wellgo-MG-1-Magn...1%7C240%3A1318

I've ordered a pair!

--
scoope
Forum: Unicycling November 8th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By scoope
A couple of questions from a newbie..

I've just had a try out on the Hookworm. Initial thoughts were that the
tire felt quite twitchy in comparison to the knobbly. However after a
very short adjustment period I found that I could turn...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By scoope
Wellgo MG-1 Ti cheap on ebay

MG-1 Ti for $76

http://tinyurl.com/6344pp

Seems a good price. BTW I have no connection with the seller.

Cheers

Simon
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By scoope
Slowest learners?

I think I was pretty average. I got my unicycle last Xmas but did not
attempt to ride until the late Spring (mainly due to weather). Also I
am limited to riding only at the weekend.

I started by...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 08, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By scoope
A couple of questions from a newbie..

Hi Splodge

I am a relative beginner and learned on a 24" Nimbus Muni with the 3
inch knobbly tire that came stock with the bike (24x3 Duro).

I have just purchased a Hookworm as just about all of...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 66
Posted By scoope
"BMX is cooler" "Unicycling is gay"

UNIdentified;1124948 wrote:

Goats_On_Unicycles;1124421 wrote:

Air isn't all the extreme sports is about.

not at all... may i introduce you to my friend, percy marshall.
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By scoope
couple days in munis paradise

I too enjoyed the pictures. Looks like it was an epic event!

Cheers

Simon

--
scoope
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Tulsa

Sounds like you have free-mounting down.

I have been concentraiting on the freemount and this weekend I managed
3 freemounts in a row on two or three occations (unfortunatley many
failures...
Forum: Unicycling October 5th 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By scoope
McNerd's McProgress, or lack thereof

I began learning this summer (24" Muni). The biggest progress I made
was when I left my support behind.

Lets face it you have to do it at some point so why not now! At first
I was going maybe 5-10...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By scoope
Boy did I just get yelled at

I would have given that "mother" a piece of my mind - it would probably
have been quite colorful too!

--
scoope
scoope's...

Toe-in should fix it.

The front of the pad should make contact with the rim just before the
back of the pad does - this translates to setting the front of the pad
about 1mm closer to rim than the...
Forum: Unicycling September 21st 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By scoope
2007 to 2008 KH prices

You also have to consider the market base

UK 55 million potential customers.
USA 250 million potential customers.

= Better chance of selling more items in the USA

--
scoope
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36