Showing results 1 to 25 of 485
Search took 1.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: corbin
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By corbin
Another possible guni hub

tomblackwood;1171330 wrote:
harper stop bitching and get it done lol.

I know! CVTs are the essence of simplicity. (Especially if you are
under 16).

corbin
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By corbin
SS 14g 36er Spokes breaking

rob.northcott;1051159 wrote:
The purpose of the washers is to take up slack where the spoke elbow is
wider than the thickness of the flange. This makes sure the main part
of the spoke is...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By corbin
Munibar: The making of a Mountain Uni Handlebar

steveyo;1165054 wrote:
Corbin, prior to RTL, I copied
Looking at this latest handle of yours, you've essentially made the
same T-bar Jim and I have, with two added horizontal pieces going...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By corbin
Munibar: The making of a Mountain Uni Handlebar

siafirede;1164828 wrote:
Interesting set up.

I agree with you in your blog post, I think more of an angle would work
better - the handle holds look too flat.

I need to find some...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By corbin
post your homemade handlebars here!

I have a new handlebar I just made a few weeks ago. Blog posting:

http://tinyurl.com/8anj9b

single picture (more...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By corbin
Munibar: The making of a Mountain Uni Handlebar

Howdy! I posted a very detailed posting on my blog about a new handlebar
I made for my geared muni:

http://tinyurl.com/8anj9b

Please see the link above for details, but I'll also copy a...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By corbin
Cal Muni Weekend Pictures + Suspension Uni

mornish;1164439 wrote:
That tandem unicycle was so awesome!

Yeah, seriously! I'm dying to make one now!
corbin

--
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18

great paint job! I wish I had an old oven to do my own work in :)
(jealous!)

corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By corbin
San Francisco Bay Riders?

i maintain a muni/uni mailing list for the south bay (santa cruz, los
gatos, cupertino), but sometimes we cross post things for the berkley
area and/or san fran. feel free to join the list....
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By corbin
Mapping Distance Rides

Eroick;1160332 wrote:
Hey, I just wrote a little thing on some mapping services'over here'
(http://municycle.ca/teamcanadablog/index.php?blog=8). It covers two
services: MapMyRide and Gmaps...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By corbin
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

lunicycle;1159855 wrote:
Corbin how do you think the riding experience of the 24 GUNI in 1:1.5
mode off road compares to a single speed 36" off road?

Are you finding you can ride the 24...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By corbin
Evolution of Balance - Team Rollercoaster

capuni;1159269 wrote:
Team Rollercoaster just set up a blog to document our upcoming
expedition to Panama. We've had some requests to see our 2008 grant
proposal. You can download a PDF...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By corbin
Geared hub advice needed.

cokernut;1159365 wrote:
I have just received a new geared hub and I am having great difficulty
in hitting the upshift button. Everytime I manage to hit it I am
immediatley
thrown off the...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By corbin
Happy Holidays

mele kelikimaka!

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561
View...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By corbin
Matching Geared KH 24 Mountain Unicycles

Uni-Michael1;1156884 wrote:
Those are some cool g-muni's. Does a g-uni feel the same in 1:1 as
riding an ungeared uni?

Mike

They pretty much feel the same. There is a slight amount of...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By corbin
Matching Geared KH 24 Mountain Unicycles

saskatchewanian;1156857 wrote:
Those are some sweet wheels. I love how the rim strips match the paint
chips.

I really need to get a job so I can afford some new toys

Hehe..yeah; I...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By corbin
Matching Geared KH 24 Mountain Unicycles

(copied from my blog: http://tinyurl.com/a5toaz )

Louise and I have (somewhat) matching Geared KH 24 Mountain Unicycles.
Here's the final product of the paint job I did *ages* ago. Click on the
blog...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By corbin
Evolution of Balance Award 2009

uniaddict;1156065 wrote:
Hmm, maybe us bay area riders could plan a trip. That would be
cool.:cool: Are you seeing this Corbin and Tom.

'09 is already packed for me, and may drain all funds...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By corbin
Happy Holidays

vivalargo;1156586 wrote:
Finally back at it after a five month layoff (dislocated shoulder).
Happy Holidays, all.

Glad to have you back, JL!! We've missed having you at all the...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By corbin
post your homemade handlebars here!

Geoff! Those pictures are *very* helpful. I'm working on some new
handlebar designs, and I may use some of those ideas. I'll try to post
info to here later.

corbin

--
corbin
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Axi;1153121 wrote:
Why people cant anymore post their videos to our video place?:confused:

As I mentioned in another thread, it seems very on topic to post movies
to the rec.sport.unicycling...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By corbin
Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

gonzo;1153100 wrote:
Corbin,

Thanks for posting this great video. It is not often that we see geared
unicycles on videos, especially 24", so thanks a lot for sharing your
experience!

Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 46
Posted By corbin
Video: MUNI v1 - Northstar and Geared Muni

agentQ;1152059 wrote:
Geared ridding looks fun.

You should be making a higher resolution compression, with compressor.
Youtube has HD capability now, and your video would look great there...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By corbin
Uni video made in France -- "The Silk Hill"

Yeah! What a great movie...it makes me wish I had a uni when I was there
a few years ago.

.c

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By corbin
post your homemade handlebars here!

naturequack;1151879 wrote:
I tried out unisk8r's handlebars above. I agree that having something
to grab on to closer to the seat would be nice. Especially for hill
climbing.

Geoff
Showing results 1 to 25 of 485