Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Blue Heeler
Forum: Techniques July 6th 09, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Blue Heeler
Shimagnolo or Campagmano or ??

RonSonic wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:16:36 -0700, Ronko
wrote:

I have a bike with Campy Chorus 10 speed and want to try a
different set of wheels with the...
Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 09:27 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Blue Heeler
He's been done

terryc wrote:

A bunch of cyclists, riding with good cycling etiquette such as
indicating lane changes and the like, are no more trouble to traffic
than a slow moving car say with a...
Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 09:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Blue Heeler
He's been done

terryc wrote:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:58:36 +1100, stu wrote:

Be grateful if you could identify the law they were breaking?

126. Keeping a safe distance behind vehicles

Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 03:31 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Blue Heeler
He's been done

Andrew Price wrote:

That's not to say cyclists in either Sydney or Melb are perfect
angels - its just in this case they were in the right.

I think it is quite open to doubt that the cyclists...
Forum: Australia February 1st 09, 01:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Blue Heeler
He's been done

Andrew Price wrote:

Blue Heeler said -

It seems to me that the pack riders have a few hurdles to overcome
even in a civil situation in respect to their own disregard of the
law.
Forum: Australia January 31st 09, 11:06 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 56
Posted By Blue Heeler
He's been done

terryc wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:41:30 +1100, jl wrote:

From the article that was posted- it's the last line

AFAIK, that sort of damages claim doesn't get decided in a...
Forum: Australia January 10th 09, 11:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Blue Heeler
A recently released report

Barry Taylor wrote:

did the researchers figure into their consideration
a) the number of hospital admissions that would not have occurred
if those admitted were not wearing...
Forum: Australia October 18th 07, 11:58 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 23
Posted By Blue Heeler
Suspension seat post = sore feet?

Aeek wrote:

Conclusion: Suspension seat posts are good for lazy cruises along
bike paths or fat blokes getting back into excercise but not really
ideal for anything approaching a...
Forum: Australia September 6th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Blue Heeler
Stem query

paul wrote:

Has anyone in their travels seen a stem that is for a 1 inch steerer
and 31.8mm clamp size, that is also black? (Without using a shim, i
have found alot for 1 1/8inch steerer)
Forum: Australia August 23rd 07, 12:47 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By Blue Heeler
Snapped Rear Dirailleur

On 2007-08-23, Blue Heeler wrote:
TimC wrote:

Ooh, the Legal Attitude Readjustment Tool?

I, and several other readers in this...
Forum: Australia August 23rd 07, 11:54 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By Blue Heeler
Snapped Rear Dirailleur

TimC wrote:

Ooh, the Legal Attitude Readjustment Tool?

I, and several other readers in this froup, may find this incredibly
funny.

Care to explain?
Forum: Australia August 23rd 07, 09:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 21
Posted By Blue Heeler
Snapped Rear Dirailleur

Andrew Priest wrote:

As far as Fleet Cycles are concerned it is all my problem, end of
story.

You will probably find that commencing action in your local Small
Claims Tribunal (or local...
Forum: Australia July 30th 07, 12:44 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 24
Posted By Blue Heeler
Cadel Evans Australian?

Theo Bekkers wrote:

Ahh, the French contention that if your grandpere was French then you
are considered to be French and subject to their laws. Several
countries hold these views, as a few...
Forum: Australia July 11th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 9
Posted By Blue Heeler
What's happened to fixed.org.au?

Donga wrote:

Wacko - I'll try to hunt this down. Would it be in the Bris
Magistrates' Court?

No, that is one place an appeal will not be as the Maggies court is the
very bottom of the...
Forum: Australia July 5th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 68
Posted By Blue Heeler
What's the deal with getting pulled over by the cops?

Peter wrote:

Dorfus Dippintush wrote:

Looks like they may have changed the laws in the last few years.

No, that's been the case for at least thirty...
Forum: Australia July 5th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Blue Heeler
Riding from Bundaberg to Childers (and back)

pdamm wrote:

I grew up in Bundaberg and have driven both roads many times (before I
got into cycling) I would choose the Goodwood Rd since there is less
traffic. I also cycled it in 2004 as...
Forum: Australia June 25th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 53
Posted By Blue Heeler
OT: Eighties flashback

Theo Bekkers wrote:

I don't suppose anyone even knows about NEAT. National Electronic
Autocoding Technique.

Theo

ARRRGH!
Forum: Australia June 24th 07, 06:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 65
Posted By Blue Heeler
Nothing Personal

Donga wrote:

... isn't it so, that if you hit 'stock' on a road whilst driving, you
are legally liable, even if the fence is falling over? The driver
(relieved of the feeling of negligence by...
Forum: Australia June 13th 07, 11:47 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Blue Heeler
Brazen on is stuffed :(

just us wrote:

Kathy

If it is just that the thread has pulled out, a thing called a
"helicoil" is the way to go.

Any competent garage or workshop will have them in stock and should be
able to fit...
Forum: Australia June 1st 07, 11:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By Blue Heeler
Astoundingly cheap commuters

BT Humble wrote:

Mind you, If I could wind the clock back 16 years to my uni days, I'd
have sold my car to the wreckers the FIRST time it crapped out on me,
and stuck with a pushie. OK,...
Forum: Australia May 11th 07, 12:04 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By Blue Heeler
Best track pump

Plodder wrote:

Schraeder valves don't hold high pressure as well. And they weigh
an extra gram!!

Theo

Often wonered about that. The rear shock on my duallie runs around
Forum: Australia April 25th 07, 07:44 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Blue Heeler
Are slick high pressure tyres available?

wrote:

Are slick high pressure ,
I commute about 30km every day on an MTB running on Specialized slick
tires
pumped up to at least 100psi and find it a breeze. I do...
Forum: Australia April 15th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By Blue Heeler
Dog bite yesterday :(

just us wrote:

Kathy what is a bogan anyway? Is that me - someone who lives
in the sticks?

Kathy

Bogans arrive at the airport for their holiday in Cairns dressed in
check Flannel shirts, open...
Forum: Australia April 4th 07, 09:57 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Blue Heeler
Chain cleaning solvents

John Henderson wrote:

I agree about biodiesel's superior solvent properties. Carry a
spare fuel filter if you switch to it in a high-milage Diesel.

And if it is an old diesel prepare...
Forum: Australia March 8th 07, 10:56 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Blue Heeler
Faulty spoke nipple?

just us wrote:

Alas I live in Far North Qld - but thanks anyway Joel. I wonder if
anyone in Cairns does these sort of excersises?

Alas, if I still lived in Cairns I would happily teach...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31