Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: harper
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By harper
Riding with a Hernia

I ride with JC all the time which is pretty much like riding with a
hernia. I have had no trouble with it so far.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By harper
Another possible guni hub

tomblackwood;1171330 wrote:
harper stop bitching and get it done lol.

Sorry. My bad. What's with the punctuation at the end of your sentence?
You already ended it with "lol." Isn't the period...
Forum: Unicycling January 16th 09, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By harper
Another possible guni hub

1-wheeled-grape;1171148 wrote:
That actually doesnt look so complicated (in theory anyway) If that was
to be made into a unicycle hub, it would be possible to get so many
different gears out...
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By harper
Another possible guni hub

eenwieler-sander;1170983 wrote:
the last part looks strange to me because i have tried a bike with the
nuvinci hub and i could stand on the pedals and it dit not slip

kington99...
Forum: Unicycling January 13th 09, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By harper
Too many flats... here's one solution.

I don't see how going tubeless can prevent the puncture flats discussed.
Is there something else used in the tubeless conversion to prevent
punctures? I thought that it just prevented pinch...
Forum: Unicycling January 12th 09, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By harper
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

entropy;1168806 wrote:
Quantification attempts in this context, like harper, are silly.

And I for one, sir, intend to -remain- silly.
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By harper
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

Naomi;1168150 wrote:
Assuming that road damage is indeed a 4th power function ( care to
explain why?)

No. But 'here is one of many'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_axle_weight_rating)...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By harper
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

rolandisimo;1167929 wrote:
Since unis go slower, and more interesting to watch, I expect
anti-cycle-folks shouldn't be as hostile towards us.

No one should be hostile toward us. We're...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By harper
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

john_childs;1167788 wrote:

Riding in the wet does require some special trail etiquette......Stay
on the trail.

If staying on the trail applies to riding skinnies our group effort...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By harper
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

johnfoss;1167612 wrote:

Is that trail, or road? I think that figure is related to hard
pavement, though we definitely put more weight down per square inch of
tire coverage. I would venture...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By harper
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

Road damage is proportional to the 4th power of the axle load. A MUni
has one axle, a bike has two. If the MUni and the bike weigh the same,
and the riders weigh the same, the MUni will do 16 times...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By harper
problem with vista dvd burner

This belongs in Just Conversation.

You need software to encode from .wmv to either a VIDEO_TS folder or an
image (.ISO) file. Either of those can then be burned onto a DVD that
can be played on your...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By harper
The best way to strip a frame?

Be charming. Get it drunk and then promise that you'll be faithful and
never leave it.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By harper
BC Wheel Rubbing on Leg when Mounting

Pigs on Unicycles;1162393 wrote:

BC Wheel Rubbing on Leg when Mounting

Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By harper
Why don't I fall off in the ice?

One thing that helps to keep you on top when riding on ice is the
'coefficient of static friction.'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction) As discussed in the article
linked, the coefficient of...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By harper
What does rain do to your unicycle?

You live in the desert, what do you care? Rain makes your unicycle wet.
Hosing it down probably does very little to it. Submerging it will
eventually get water in the bearings.

--
harper

-Greg...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By harper
Feet under pedals?

Yes. There is a scene in -UNiVERsE 2- which shows Daiki Izumeda riding
backwards in a gymnasium. You wonder why such a simple stunt is shown in
the DVD until you realize that his feet are under the...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By harper
Christmas goodies thread

My wife got me an Onza Limey Trials unicycle. We bought it used from
manon1wheel. Thanks, Riley. It's a beautiful thing, indeed.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

*jc is the only main man. there can be no...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By harper
Has anyone Stretched a 20" tube to fit a 24" wheel?

harper;1157042 wrote:
I have never tried stretching tubes. To stretch a 20" tube to fit a rim
for a 24" tire you are *only asking for an additional 20%*. To stretch
the 29" tube to fit a rim...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By harper
Has anyone Stretched a 20" tube to fit a 24" wheel?

I have never tried stretching tubes. To stretch a 20" tube to fit a rim
for a 24" tire you are only asking for an additional 20%. To stretch the
29" tube to fit a rim for a 36" tire you are asking...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By harper
Tips please--- How to fall and avoid injury.

Fall up rather than down. There's usually less stuff to hit that way.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

Forum: Unicycling December 22nd 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By harper
Removing rust from a vintage uni

Rust is macho. Only sissies ride rust-free unicycles.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By harper
Who's been riding (continually) the longest?

peleschramm;1154189 wrote:

I know I can't really compete with all y'all geezers.

I, for one, am impressed with the correct use of the plural "all y'all"
in this sentence. Kudos. Too many...
Forum: Unicycling December 21st 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By harper
Who's been riding (continually) the longest?

I have ridden since 1963. I haven't ridden nearly every day but I have
ridden more than once a year for the entire 45 years.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

*jc is the only main man. there can be no...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By harper
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

Polls on this forum annoy me. Nothing ever comes from them. Here you are
asking what helmet type people use in the poll. What they use will not
answer the question you pose which is, "do Unicyclists...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500