Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Doe
Forum: Techniques May 10th 11, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 69
Posted By John Doe
OT Living music, was OT Propelled inline skating

Chalo chalo.colina gmail.com wrote:

But claiming or implying that music hasn't improved in three
centuries is like claiming the same for wheeled vehicles, food,
or medicine.

Mozart did...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 11, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By John Doe
I need help tightening my unicycle's cotterless crank

Pepsco ji_sun1996 yahoo.com wrote:

My unicycle (from Avenir) has a 20' inch wheel with cotterless
cranks and after a week of riding it my left crank started to
become more loose and...
Forum: Recumbent Biking May 7th 11, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,free.UseNet
Replies: 187
Posted By John Doe
I got a thick skull, so I don't need no helmet!

My skull is Neanderthal thick, so I don't need no helmet!

And that's the way it is, folks. Arguing with someone who has a
Neanderthal thick skull is just pointless.
--

Phil W Lee phil...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 11, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,free.UseNet
Posted By John Doe
I got a thick skull, so I don't need no helmet!

My skull is Neanderthal thick, so I don't need no helmet!

And that's the way it is, folks. Arguing with someone who has a
Neanderthal thick skull is just pointless.
--

Phil W Lee phil...
Forum: Techniques May 7th 11, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 69
Posted By John Doe
OT Propelled inline skating

Chalo chalo.colina gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I am no spring chicken, but I still street skate with lots of
protective gear including a helmet of course. I fell while
Forum: Techniques May 3rd 11, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,free.UseNet
Replies: 69
Posted By John Doe
OT Propelled inline skating

Chalo chalo.colina gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

My push stick requires even more skill than ordinary street
skating (which is a bear to learn), but detached motorized
skating is...
Forum: Techniques May 3rd 11, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 69
Posted By John Doe

John Doe wrote:

My push stick requires even more skill than ordinary street
skating (which is a bear to learn), but detached motorized skating
is fun. This version...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 11, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,free.UseNet
Replies: 6
Posted By John Doe
A Plug For Giro Helmets

landotter landotter gmail.com wrote:

"(PeteCresswell)" x... y.Invalid wrote:

I've had the inside liners rot out twice over the years and
each time I called Giro expecting to pay...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 11, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 69
Posted By John Doe
OT Propelled inline skating

My push stick requires even more skill than ordinary street
skating (which is a bear to learn), but detached motorized skating
is fun. This version relies on leverage instead of static weight
for...
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 11, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 213
Posted By John Doe
Should you wear a helmet while riding a recumbent?

=?UTF-8?B?VMK6bSBTaGVybcKqbuKEoiDCsF/CsA==?=
" wrote:

kolldata aka Gene Daniels rote:

are stats available for recumbent accident rates or is that
Forum: Recumbent Biking May 2nd 11, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

" wrote:

kolldata aka Gene Daniels rote:

are stats available for recumbent accident rates or is that
Forum: Techniques May 2nd 11, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139
Posted By John Doe
Helmet Saves Cavendish

"dustoyevsky mac.com" dustoyevsky mac.com wrote:

T§m Sherm¦nT ø_ø ""twshermanREMOVE\" THI $southslope.net"
wrote:

Wow - two people afraid to use their real names arguing over
who...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 11, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,free.UseNet
Replies: 139
Posted By John Doe
Helmet Saves Cavendish

"MikeWhy" boat042-nospam yahoo.com wrote:

"James" james.e.steward gmail.com wrote in message
news:ijfe2q$1io$1 news.eternal-september.org...
John Doe wrote:
James james.e.steward...
Forum: Techniques March 18th 11, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By John Doe
Removing and replacing spokes?

Is it a big deal? Any tips? Is there a spoke tightener, like a
cheap simple little wrench that bends slightly when the spokes are
tight enough? Otherwise, how is correct tightness determined?

A...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 11, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139
Posted By John Doe
Helmet Saves Cavendish

Simon Lewis wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/9389057.stm

,----
| The HTC-Highroad sprinter cut and bruised his...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 11, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139
Posted By John Doe
Helmet Saves Cavendish

James james.e.steward gmail.com wrote:

Simon Lewis wrote:

If you want to be a net nanny **** off and go elsewhere. Or
ignore this thread. He hit his head and helmet broke. What do
Forum: Unicycling February 1st 11, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling,free.UseNet
Replies: 4
Posted By John Doe
Motor assisted?

Danny Colyer news2010 colyer.plus.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:
TKtknospa wejuggle2.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Has anyone made a motor assisted unicycle? Links would be
Forum: Unicycling January 29th 11, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By John Doe
self-balancing unicycle

http://bikeportland.org/2010/02/02/local-shop-first-in-nation-to-sell-self-balancing-unicycle-28927

Going by the advertising, it looks okay, but I have no experience
with it or even unicycles....
Forum: Techniques January 29th 11, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By John Doe
Rigidly attached pedals to a bicycle wheel?

Ack! Apparently Ted Bennett had the unicycle answer for me here in
2006....
Forum: Techniques January 29th 11, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By John Doe
NEW NOAA TOOL

kolldata wrote:

where not to live ?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/snow-and-ice/nesis.php

By the way... Now you can get weather radar on your portable
smartphone (in...
Forum: Techniques January 29th 11, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 46
Posted By John Doe
Is this an engineering discussion group?

Andre Jute fiultra1 yahoo.com wrote:

Hello, have I stumbled into a discussion group full of
engineers? For, surely, no one else would have the unfeeling bad
taste to post to a thread that...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 11, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By John Doe
Rigidly attached pedals to a bicycle wheel?

The method probably could even be used for a bike pusher

Then again, maybe not. A small free wheel in front of the unicycle
wheel will be useful for coasting. That requires tilting/rocking
the...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 11, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By John Doe
Rigidly attached pedals to a bicycle wheel?

Chalo chalo.colina gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

It is to be used for a push stick for in-line skating. [...]
A unicycle should be nearly perfect for the frame. The only
thing...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 11, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By John Doe
Rigidly attached pedals to a bicycle wheel?

=?UTF-8?B?VMK6bSBTaGVybcKqbuKEoiDCsF/CsA==?=
" wrote:

On 1/27/2011 5:09 PM, John Doe wrote:
[...]
It is to be used for a push stick for in-line...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 11, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By John Doe
Wheel size, was: Rigidly attached pedals to a bicycle wheel?

=?UTF-8?B?VMK6bSBTaGVybcKqbuKEoiDCsF/CsA==?=
" wrote:

The smaller front wheel provides more heel clearance while
turning at low speeds, allowing for a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50