Showing results 1 to 25 of 227
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: underdog
Forum: Unicycling August 26th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 27
Posted By underdog
Monocycles during the Olympics closing.

wow. This thread definitely took a left turn.

As I was watching the closing ceremonies and the monocycles came onto
the screen, before I could say a word my wife turned to me and said,
"NO. You...
Forum: Unicycling March 28th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By underdog
50 miles on 50th Birthday

wobbling bear wrote:
you are setting a bad example: will I be obliged to ride 60 miles for my
60th birthday this year?:D
Could we negociate?: 60km is the max ... provided there are enough
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By underdog
Cycling backwards

I'm still trying to learn backwards riding. I've found it's way harder
to run or walk out of a UPD backwards and have fallen a number of
times. I usually land on my a$$ and my elbows so this is...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By underdog
Unicycle accidents happen in the home!

harley on 1 wheel wrote:
luckily I have dreads and they cushioned most of the blow so I was fine.

Dreads; the new crash helmet.:)

I guess my worst at-home-accident was in the garage. ...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By underdog
Unicycle for a Big Guy

One more vote for the Torker DX here, though it sounds like you've
already made up your mind anyway. That's what I started on a couple of
years ago and it's been a great uni. I was 210 and 6'1". ...
Forum: Unicycling February 14th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By underdog
Dalton Highway, Alaska ride

I did the Dalton Hwy in it's entirety in '05 but on my motorcycle. I
had just started riding uni at the time and would have been blown away
to see a unicyclist there. I did see 2 separate people on...
Forum: Unicycling February 11th 08, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By underdog
40+ feet of snow this year- where am i?

Looks like northern AZ to me. Except for the fact that the mountains
look different those photos coulda been taken out my back door. I know
you used to ski Snow Bowl years ago, Aspenmike. The...
Forum: Unicycling February 2nd 08, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 24
Posted By underdog
First muni ride on the KH29

Thanks for the write-up. I still haven't got the confidence to ride
anything more than well graded path on my 29. The wheel inertia still
kind of freaks me out. I'll probably keep to my 24 for the...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By underdog
Home made unicycle frame

That's pretty cool. It's always more fun riding a uni that you built.
You ought to be able to get that powder coated for a few bucks. Find a
powder coat shop and see if they'll just let you add it...
Forum: Unicycling November 22nd 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By underdog
Are you 45+

Hey Mags, is that Arctic Circle sign on the Haul Rd.? If so, I've been
there. On a motorcycle trip 2 yrs. ago. I talked to 2 different
people who were biking that road but I didn't see any...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By underdog
Prediction: First uni-caused death

Seems like the concensus here is that it'll involve a car. I tend to
agree and I also agree with Rob in that I find it hard to beleive that
no one has yet fallen to their death while riding some...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By underdog
Are you 45+

So, is it OK to subtract our wheel size from our age? Let's see 52
minus 29...
that's 23. Works for me (I usually feel that young anyway). Most of
you Coker riders are still teenagers then.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By underdog
Are you 45+

harper wrote:
I've decided I don't want to be 45 or older anymore. I withdraw my name
from this list.

I can only think of one alternative to getting older and I'm sure as
heck not ready for...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By underdog
I'm having trouble riding over bumps

I had a hard time with this too. I just worked my way up to it. Start
with little places where maybe a section of sidewalk has shifted up by
an inch or two, then do bumps a little bit bigger until...
Forum: Unicycling November 13th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 42
Posted By underdog
New Weight-loss method: "Unicycling!"

Man, I had to chime in on this thread. Two summers ago, I came to the
shocking realization that I was fat. I'm 6'1" and I weighed in at 210
lbs. I started to ride my uni every single day and made...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By underdog
Stags and staggering

I was so excited to see a posting from Mikefule. It seems like it's
been such a long time. Glad to know you're still among the living
(albeit a bit out of shape;) ).

--
underdog

'I tell you, we...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By underdog
Coming Soon a Unicycle Shop In Arizona

schnepf wrote:
I am going to have a store front. I am working on the built out right
now. So currently i am sub leasing some space am not able to handle
walk in buisiness there but I am hoping...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By underdog
Coming Soon a Unicycle Shop In Arizona

So, are you going to have an actual storefront? Or is it more of a
'garage' business? Let me know as I live a couple hours north of the
Pheonix area and go through there often. If you have a...
Forum: Unicycling October 18th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By underdog
Red Menace 36 update

Wow! I missed this thread the first time around. Then I realized that
it came and went while I was off on vacation.

That thing is a work of art. Very nice. Reminds me of the...
Forum: Unicycling October 12th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By underdog
I can ride! I can ride!

Congrats!! I remember how awesome that feeling was to really ride for
the first time. I'll never forget it. It took me many months of
working on it every single day and when I finally got it, WOO...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 72
Posted By underdog
Real commuting questions

Ya gotta watch those laces man. I had one take me down once. And more
than a couple of times my pedalling has come to a grinding halt on my
bicycle for the same reason. It's a PITA but I always...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By underdog
How it went: Bringing my uni to Physical Geology

That's incredibly cool that you got to do a demo for your class. Good
job. Have you gotten anyone in the class interested in learning to
ride?

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 205
Posted By underdog
Are you 45+

That's weird. For the longest time, I had a much easier time with left
turns. I've been riding quite a lot lately though and now my turns
feel pretty equal.

As to mounting the 29, just keep...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 57
Posted By underdog
what have you broken while unicycling?

Please...^^^^^ NO MORE BROKEN UNICYLCE PARTS. As per the initial post,
that's not what this thread is for.

Hey johnfoss, very sorry to hear about your collarbone. Hope you get
healed up...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 57
Posted By underdog
what have you broken while unicycling?

Broken collarbone. During my learning phase. Came off the front too
fast and slammed my face and shoulder into the ground. Collarbone took
the brunt of the force.:( :o

--
underdog

'I tell you,...