Old October 13th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
PatTX

Default There ARE more adults riding bikes

:: "PatTX" wrote
::: I just wish they'd get off of the sidewalks!
::
:: Leave them be. It takes time to get used to riding. Don't expect
:: them take to the streets on the first ride.

Oh, I haven't said anything to them about that, but I do wonder if they will
have a second time...after all, it's tough to ride with your chin getting
hit by your knee each time it comes up, not to mention grinding it out in a
high gear. I saw a woman yesterday that fit that description, and as I went
by, I said to her "Put it in a lower gear." (in a nice way). I didn't get
all of her answer, but most of it was "I can do that?"

I just noticed that all of the people I see riding the sidewalks are adults
in their 40's and above. None have mirrors, either.

sigh.

Pat