Old October 13th 08, 07:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default There ARE more adults riding bikes

In article ,
On 2008-10-12, Jay wrote:

On the city part of my commute, cars or trucks double-parked in the bike
lane is a daily event. (Lawrence Ave between Kedzie and Jeff Park.) But at
least they are not moving. Seeing a bike going the wrong way in a bike lane,
hard to tell what he might do.

I yell out "welcome to America! We ride *with* the traffic here!"

I guess it's good when people ride bicycles at all. I'm
all for that, and supportive of anyone who wants to ride.

Being meddlingly officious at people often just makes 'em
dig-in their heels and stubbornly adhere to their
preconceived ways.

Live and let live.

cheers,
Tom