Old March 1st 14, 09:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

I don't know about you, but I would rather hear from an expert in the field
than from bozo mountain bikers who are mostly jerk-offs and ****-ups with their
brains in their groin.

Despite what appears to be the ever increasing
diversity of WIIFM supporters that includes some
members of the more radical recreational groups
of four-wheel drivers, motorcycle riders,
prospectors, hunters and fishermen, they often
seem to be using very similar words.

You've heard from him ... he's concerned about four-wheel drivers, motorcycle riders, prospectors, hunters and fishermen. I don't see mountainbikers in that list ... probably because they have about the same impact as hikers.

I believe he is indeed including cyclists elsewhere in his report. We do not want wheeled vehicles of any sort on hiking trails.

If an area needs to be off limits then so be it ... but that includes hiking too as it is also a recreation and similarly impacting !

The impacts are quite dissimilar if you consider what people are doing on the trails in the first place. All areas walked by hikers need to be off limits to wheeled vehicles. The fact that both mountain biking and hiking are recreations has nothing to do with how to post trails.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injury themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great