Old March 15th 05, 02:34 PM
Alan Braggins

In article , Peter Goddard wrote:
Hello,
The last bike I had was 20 years ago. It was a 25 3/4" Dawes
Galaxy. Now I'm ready to buy another bike but it appears that people have
shrunk! What bikes are tall people riding these days? It seems that 60cm is
now XL. There don't seem to be many 60cm bikes in the shops either. I tried
a 58cm but the seat post was so long it looked more like a mono cycle. Boo
hoo.

I'm 6'3" and have an old Dawes Kingpin to which a Raleigh Twenty has
generously donated 8" or so of seattube to extend it, with the help of an
extra seatpost. And a Raleigh Vitesse and a GT Arrete.