Old December 13th 05, 01:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default riding bikes ROCKS

Bleve Wrote:
Today, something must have been in the air in Melbourne (Dutchy's old
socks? Euan's knicks?

*Haughty cough* I'll have you knoe my knicks get washed after every
wear ;-)

I don't wish to speculate) but the Eastern side
of the city was in just about total gridlock. Canterbury Rd was *not*
moving from Vermont to around Surrey Hills ... once I threaded through
the carpit, the rest of my ride in was gorgeous. Sunny, cool, hint of
tailwind ... and all the cars must have been stuck in the jam ..
because the traffic was really light from Surrey Hills onwards.

Nepean Highway was pretty much at a standstill from Centre Road in. I
was in a real hurry too, overslept so was late for a meeting (which got
cancelled luckily) so I was taking more risks than usual i.e. lane
splitting left most and second leftmost lane. Actually in those
conditions I find that safer 'cause vehicles keep away from each other
better than they keep away from the kerb.

Had a few vehicles make a definite move out of my way as I was
charging down the road, keeping a more or less steady 30kph going. Was
bloody great :-)

--
EuanB