Old June 1st 21, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Electric Bikes

On 2021-06-01, Lou Holtman wrote:
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:36:04 PM UTC+2, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 7:51:59 PM UTC-7, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2021 17:04:39 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

The ebike is not going the way of the Hula Hoop, Silly Putty, Slinkies or YoYos
E-bike makers will be sad to hear that. All those toys are available
at big-box stores.

My point is that ebikes will not sky rocket and crash, which was my sense of those toys -- although I haven't looked at sales numbers. Are YoYos still big?

-- Jay Beattie.

Come and look here. No they don't gonna crash. It is the new normal here.

Lou

Yes, becoming very popular here in Santa Cruz, as well.

The effect I felt when I installed my (now-defunct) Elation 250W mid-drive
kit is that I was working just as hard (or not) as usual but that it just
gave me two extra gears. eg: 3rd gear instead of 1st on a known climb, 7th
gear instead of 5th on flat, etc.

The game changer, of course, is the Li ion technology since if was so easy
for uninformed users to kill off their lead acid battery pack.

NiMH would be more robust, but that chemistry never seemed to catch on
before Lithium came on the scene.

I wonder what the next-great-thing (tm) will be....I hear some rumblings
about one based on Aluminum.

I normally ride unassisted bikes, though. The kit bike is at my mom's for
use when I'm there.

pH in Aptos