Old May 9th 07, 02:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave

Default So why so many dead tubes?

On Wed, 09 May 2007 05:55:32 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

4 in a row, all in about the same place - that is just near the valve
but not on the same side as the valve - indicates it isn't the tube or
the rim, it has to be me. I suppose it might be the tyre, but I can't
find anything wrong with it in that area. I'm getting paranoid
though, might be time for that Marathon I've been promising myself.

Get out of the saddle when you go over bumps :-)

More seriously, it sounds like some fine wire or similar in the tyre.
Might not show up on inspection, but it's enough to push through the tube
slowly. Try rotating the tyre on the rim and see if the holes move.

Or just replace the tyre.

--
Dave Hughes |
'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout