Old January 25th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Naaman G. Landers

Default caribbean bicycling opportunities?

"phil" wrote in message
Looking to spend 5-7 days on either Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Guadeloupe,
Aruba or Antigua. Would like to spend part of that time cycling,
either around the island or from a home base. I don't hear much about
cycling in this part of the world. Any suggestions/experiences? Open
to other islands, but not to a "all-downhill" or super touristy
experience. Prefer road to mountain biking. Would also appreciate any
ideas on bike rentals.

I had some success riding in Puerto Rico about 5 years ago. There are
several paths and routes in and near San Juan. I found a bike shop in SJ and
they had info on the paths. I also spent a week in Cabo Rojo on the South
West tip of PR. I found a neat trail in the National forest in that area.
Again I rented a bike from a nearby bike shop. A Google search on PR biking,
bike shops, etc should get you started.