Old October 28th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Commuting: Changing Clothes?

On Oct 25, 8:02*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Anybody got some ins and outs on clothes changing?

I've been commuting for close to 20 years and my company last year
moved to new digs with a locker room. I too find the locker room
generally inconvenient after having spent most of the 20 years
changing in a stall in the bathroom on my floor.

I also work late often (journalism) and the cleaning crews are at
work, which makes it hard sometimes to change in the bathroom or the
locker room, as often they are being cleaned. So ....

I go to another floor. It's closer than the locker room and I can take
the stairs instead of the elevator, so I don't have to wait as long.

I used to leave my slacks at work, which would mean I had to go to my
desk midweek and collect them before changing. Now I often haul them
around daily. Shoes can be a problem. One solution is to get some
Chinese slip-ons -- the one's that are black with the thin brown
plastic soles. They're nice and flat in a bag and you can use them to
get to your desk and your dress shoes and belt. The new building
doesn't have much going on on the first floor, but it has some nice
bathrooms with handicapped stalls. Plenty of room and not much demand.

The other thing is to change where you like to change and take a nice
long **** when you're done to legitimize your use of the stall.

Cheers,

MD