Old October 10th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
(PeteCresswell)

Default Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

Per :
A tandem drag brake and a downhill ATB are not the exact same situation
but both can expect to sometimes apply the brake for 20-30 minutes on a
very long downhill. Does this ever occur on an ATB?

I've had my front brake (Hope C2) lock up in that manner when descending a very
steep hill.

Somebody who knows can chime in, but my suspicion is that phenom is limited to
closed-system hydraulic brakes.

I also think it's aggravated by having fluid that needs changing bc after I bled
the brake, it stopped happening.
--
PeteCresswell

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see
http://rbor.org/