Old July 1st 20, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Remembering how to tie my shoes, going back for a do-rag

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 21:43:48 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I'd overlooked canned cat food and a poop scoop that I'll someday drop
off at the Animal Welfare league.

Monday, 29 June 2020

Someday is tomorrow!

Tuesday, 30 June 2020

I learned why I wear special bike knickers.

I'd made a couple of short rides in my grubbies, in case I had to
undress into the washing machine, and thought that I could wear
calf-length house pants on the bike all the time. They aren't
reinforced in the seat, but hey, they are cheap (never mind that each
pair represents a few hundred trips to the store; non-plastic clothing
is *really* hard to find) (And never mind that I can't go into stores
now. Which is a real pain because my default walking sandals broke a
vital strap.)

Today, I learned that when I'm sweating buckets, trousers stick to my
knees. My knickers have elastic that holds a billow of fabric over
the knee and prevents rubbing.

I also sweated my bandaids off, but I didn't find that out until I
peeled them off on purpose. The dressings were sopping wet; I don't
know where that fits on the "no sun, no wind" order.

Needless to say, I discarded my plans to come back by way of Wooster,
and came back exactly the way I went, save for coming down Ninth
Street instead of Chestnut. Ninth is too steep to climb (though I
could do it in 2001) and Chestnut is lined with parked cars on the
side that's on the right when coming down. And not all that wide.

I couldn't get all the cans into the bag, and I entirely forgot the
old bath mats, so I can try again when I'm dressed for the weather.

But not this week.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net