Old August 17th 20, 05:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Things my BSO can do

I've got a new one: I can ride my Trek Pure Crank-Forward
Semi-Recumbent (pedal-powered wheelchair for short) without sticking
band-aids on my face.

I can even wear a niqab instead of my surgeon-style mask, because the
PPW doesn't go fast enough to blow it around. I haven't tried the
headband-style niqab yet, mostly because it's gauze and wouldn't keep
enough sun off my incisions. I should complete a double-layer linen
niqab tomorrow; perhaps I'll try it then. [I did; it works.]

Old news: I can back the PPW without dismounting. I can *walk* it
without dismounting, but it's more comfortable to walk beside it and
use it for a cane: the deep notch makes it possible to walk with the
handlebars in front of me.

I can ride it while wearing an ankle-length skirt -- but I have to
wear black pedal-pushers instead of frilly white drawers. I *could*
keep the skirt down, but it's more convenient to pull it up to my
knees.

I think. I haven't worn a skirt since April.

And, knock wood, I've always been healthy enough to walk to church.
(Maybe it's because I haven't been catching colds or anything.)

I can ride the PPW on a walkway. But I dare not ride *anything* on
the MUP, or walk either. It's only ten feet wide, nobody wears a
mask, and nobody steps to the side.

I did use the Heritage Trail the first time I went out without
stopping anywhere. When I got back, I undressed into the washing
machine and took a shower, and washed my hair in peroxide. Also, the
plague hadn't quite reached this county yet.

---

Found this hanging out in my drafts folder, can't think of anything to
add.

--
Joy Beeson, U.S.A., mostly central Hoosier,
some Northern Indiana, Upstate New York, Florida, and Hawaii