Old May 1st 07, 03:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

Default Four-wheel drive hits Canberra cyclists

On Tue, 01 May 2007 09:38:10 +1000, Bean Long
wrote:

From what I know it was not far west of the Stromlo Observatory
entrance, just as the road starts the first decline, well before the
steep section and hairpin. Not exactly a difficult part of the course.
However, it was stage 3 and a big bunch and everyone was getting a bit
tired I'd say. We were 5 mins ahead and our grade had exactly the same
course as Women's B for the entire tour. At about the same spot as the
accident happened I recall being quite worn out and thinking to myself
"better keep my mind on the job or I'm going to run up someone's ar$e".
The accident had happened so early in the stage that riders probably
weren't even in a good rhythm yet.

RiotACT has a reasonable account on this amongst the dross
http://the-riotact.com/?p=4797