Old December 29th 04, 10:04 PM
Preston Crawford

On 2004-12-29, Pat wrote:

:
: Preston: My only concern is with your height (6'1") and the frame size
: (55cm). I assume that Bianchi measures center-to-center, so a 55 would be
: close to a 57-58cm if measured as Trek does, but even then that's a pretty
: small size for someone your height, with the main issue being getting the
: handlebars high enough. I don't sell Bianchi though, so it could be that
the
: model in question has a much-higher-than-normal front end, allowing the
bars
: to be high enough for comfort.

My Bianchi brochure has this:

The sizing for road frames is based on the measurement from the center of
the bottom bracket to the imaginary top of the seat tube if the top tube
were level. A 57 cm frame has an actual seat tube length of about 54 cm.

HTH

Pat in TX

Here's the page for the Volpe, giving the measurements.

http://www.bianchiusa.com/570.html

Going over where I'm at on my current bike, and where the 55 is at, I'm
comfortable in my head with it. We'll see how I do over the next couple
days.

Preston