Old July 11th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
G.T.

Default Order a pair of tires or 3 tires?

RS wrote:

Ok, maybe a silly question but I've been cycling about a year now
and notice the rear tires wear out much quicker then the front
tires. I have 2 bikes, went through one set of tires on one. Now
on one bike I have a set of Michelin Pro2Race and Continental
Contacts on the other. Both rears wearing significantly faster, I"m
190 pounds. Do long time cyclists buy three tires and just replace
the rear one when its worn or buy a pair and rotate when
necesary?

Buy one, put it on the front, move the front to the rear, repeat.
Where'd 3 tires come from?

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven