Old June 9th 21, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default New Tires

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:24:02 PM UTC-7, Roger Merriman wrote:
sms wrote:
On 6/8/2021 2:35 PM, Roger Merriman wrote:

snip

Bit redundant since they are all out of stock!

snip

Tubes and tires are one victim of the pandemic and Trump's tariffs, a
double whammy.

Whoever thought that one insane president could cause so much damage to
the bicycle supply chain? On the other hand, Trumps bungling of the U.S..
pandemic response did increase demand for bicycles, parts,
accessories, and repairs, so in that sense it was good for bicycle shops.

As far as I’m aware the part shortages are worldwide due to COVID19
knackering the supply trains, I don’t get the impression that it’s only
some places. Could be wrong but the story occasionally pops up on news
sites, and it’s claimed to be worldwide.
A couple of months ago, my friend called me all excited that the tubes I
wanted were back in stock and he was placing a large order. He quickly
ordered them before they went out of stock again. I also happened to see
some Panaracer tubes in the size I needed on Amazon for $4.49 each.

Some things are out, for example the tire I ordered from the bike shop one
of the G-one Gravel tires wasn’t going to be in for months but the
evolution ie top end I could have next day, and wasn’t much more to be
honest so that’s fine.

I just ordered a set of deep aero carbon wheels from China and a set of Aluminum deep aero wheels from Great Britain. They both arrived - from China in three weeks and from GB in less than one week.