Old November 25th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Default What do you wear when it starts getting cold?

I wear pretty bad clothing for cold weather, but it gets the job done
for the most part.

Usually I wear a t shirt, hoody and jacket, then normal pants, and the
usual gloves and pads to keep me warm.

I have been trained in preparing for outdoors in the cold though and
generally you want to do is wear something light and wicking as a
baselayer. Long Johns, and long sleeve undershirts are generally good.
You can play around a bit in terms of weights of baselayers and
depending on how cold it is, you may not even need a mid layer. Then a
good soft shell is probably going to be all you need for most of the
winter. If you find it is really cold, then a good fleece in the middle
will do the trick. Unfortunately that is like a 400 dollar layering
system.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)