Old July 3rd 12, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tom $herman (-_-)

Default Please don't help so much

On 7/2/2012 10:22 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
The only person that ever honked at me was the semi-driver I recently
mentioned. I have been yelled at two or three times by ignorant people
in passenger cars. But for the most part, motorists are reasonable.

When I am on the scooter and come upon road cyclists, I am tempted to
slow down and ask if they want to do some motor-pacing.

The most common expression of displeasure seems to be flooring it when
they finally get the chance to pass. I just shake my head in amazement.
After all, it doesn't punish me one iota, but they have to pay for the
gas they wasted. :-)

No much of a penalty since electronic fuel injection did away with
running excessively rich and dumping unburned fuel out the exhaust when
opening the throttle quickly. In addition, large throttle openings
reduce pumping losses.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!