Old January 13th 09, 10:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gerblefranklin

Default Titanium Hub?

Jerrick;1169569 wrote:
I have some tungsten bars laying around in the garage. Ill make a frame
with it! haha.

I heard about it years ago, so it isnt that new is it?

you know, you could just look these things up, Just because you have or
haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it's revolutionary technology.
Tungsten cores have been used in some ammunition at least since WWII.

Tungsten, some applications:
Penetrator in Armor piercing projectile
Coating for some plasma containment vessels.
Element in sintering base for tungsten carbide (what a surprise)
wear component for severe mechanical applications.
ultra-fine, high strength wire with unique attributes.
expensive paperweight.
Many chemical uses, very little of which I understand.
(my list is about about as accurate and comprehensive as a wiki article
edited by a toddler)

--
gerblefranklin

(just ride)