Old July 5th 03, 06:50 AM
Ray Peace

Default Nasty crash

Hi there,
I have overtaken cars on a number of hills, notably
Wheelers Hill, Olivers Hill near Frankston and coming down Mt St
Bernard. It requires care as the drivers are not expecting you to come
up on their right hand side at a higher speed.
Afraid the bingle referred to is a hazard of racing, which is primarily
why I don't do it, race that is. I have had both single bikes and
tandems up to 85 k/mh but do not much like it, your first mistake at
that speed is frequently your last.
Cheers,
Ray.
Luther Blissett wrote:

Richard Sherratt wrote:

**snip**

He was
alleged to have said that the expression on the face of a car driver,
when he was overtaken by a bike doing 110 km/h, was something to be
treasured.

Bloody hell. If I was doing 110km/h, I'd be looking straight ahead,
not at the car next to/behind me!

- LB