Old November 20th 05, 05:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Hosed on the G-Spot

Yesterday morning, Eyal, Josh and I joined extreme MB downhiller and
dirt jumper Damon Moran on a trail called "G-Spot," in the San Fernando
Valley. The trail is a combination of rolling flats and sudden rock
slabs and vertical cliff bands and we got totally hosed.

One drop/rollout (The "Jesus Drop") looked 12 feet, easy. The "Wailing
Wall" is one of several 30 to 40 foot fractured cliffs Damon rode
down–but not us, and we ain't trying anytime soon. According to Damon,
his previous partner (now retired) broke his neck on "The Wailing
Wall."

We probably rode 90 percent of the hardcore line–much of it on the
rolling flats. Another five percent we tried, but backed off after
near-fatalities. The other five percent, which drops over cliffsides,
looks flat out impossible on a Muni, but who knows. We just couldn't
get our heads around (for instance) blasting down a ****-your-pants
steep ledged, rock face to a max-speed, mambo rolling drop into an
off-camber shale chute. I'm hoping that after a few more trips we can
sac up and try a couple of those sections that froze us solid. A few
parts on the hardcore line I'll never try, that's for sure.

G-Spot is our new project. According to Damon, many DH riders have
"stacked" on the slabs or rocky roll outs, so it's going to take us a
few more tentative runs before we start attacking what thoroughly hosed
us today. Should be an interesting winter.

We only took a few pictures of the "easy" parts that were convenient to
shoot, and which Josh posted in the Gallery. They don't do G-spot
justice, but I'll get some more pics next weekend because we'll be
there.

JL

--
vivalargo