Old June 11th 21, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default A Philly bike for Boris

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:37:41 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/11/2021 10:11 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:03:02 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 7:42:53 AM UTC-7, Bertrand wrote:
http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Oli...rticle=Ar00701

Or if that long URL doesn't work:

https://tinyurl.com/4knse7e5
Another, with a little more about Bilenky. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Joe-Biden.html That Eagle set-up will help Boris with the massive hills in London. Columbus tubes. I would have looked for some NOS True Temper for the whole USA thing.

I don't remember True Temper having great bike tubes. Reynolds 853 oversize is the stuff of the God's.

I use more steel tube than you and I'd take later alloys of
TT over Reynolds 853 any day.

Well, I haven't actually worked with any modern tubing. I have just ridden bike made from them. Columbus tubing was so stiff it would break your teeth on the roads around here whereas the 853 oversize Pro T rides very well. I have seen bikes made from True Temper but never ridden one. And bikes my size need to have oversize tubes and the TT bikes I have seen are all standard size tubes.