Old June 14th 21, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Sheldon Brown site

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 8:22:19 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:47:39 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:
Your reward will be in Another Place. -- What Boris said, back when he was a journal editor, to a writer who asked for more money. -- AJ

I'm told that my place in hell has been reserved pending my eventual
demise. Haggling over my fee schedule and wages of sin are unlikely
to change the situation. Besides my attempt to save an important web
site from archival ossification, what is it that you find in my
actions that you consider worthy of eternal damnation?
--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Nothing so cruel as eternal damnation. This is an example of two peoples divided by their common language. "Another place", over here, is a synonym for "Heaven". So, on the contrary, rather than eternal thermal overload, I was offering you eternal boredom or, rather, Boris was. -- AJ